PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't we end human life earlier?

Chruser
2002-12-21, 08:30 AM
Well, think about it. Humans are just energy that cannot be destroyed or recreated, just changed. We're the same as trees, rocks and nuclear missiles, which are also energies. Our feelings are just energies, and our pain is just indicated by our nerve cells that say that something is wrong.

Now, doesn't everyone want people to live and to prosper? Who seriously enjoys watching people in Africa starve to death? Clearly very few people. But we still multiply, and soon, hundreds of billions of people could live in the world, most likely even in space. Now, researchers have said that the universe WILL come to an end at some point, most likely by a collapse and merge of everything back into one single point. By then, nothing can or will be remembered.

So, if we're all destined to die and be forgotten anyway, why don't we end all human life right away? Six billion people would suffer far less than several hundreds of billions, so aren't we in fact just planning to torture humanity by living on this planet?

Jamesadin
2002-12-21, 08:33 AM
Yes we are, but what the human race is trying to do is to make our lives better by improving technology. There really isn't any thinking ahead. And by the time the universe collapses, the human race will be long gone anyways.

Chruser
2002-12-21, 08:35 AM
Who cares about our comfort, excitement and pleasure? The pain will still exceed it tenfold as the red line has come to an end. Technology won't matter.

EX-Mania
2002-12-21, 08:37 AM
Well it's human nature to want to survive, ofcourse people in Billions and billions of years will die.... but the actual event will only last a certain amount of time and they will be gone, no more pain, no more memories...

What we are doing right now is living what we can and following our dreams to the best of our advantage.
All humans will die... at one point they all will but before we die we all must complete our goal... to reproduce.... so by staying alive you are accomplishing your goal as a human.. to keep growing and consuming resources to reproduce again... but as we keep reproducing technoligy advances and the lives of our distant families to come will probably have better lives than us considering the technoligy they will have.

I think that in the future.. the day that the universe will be destroyed (if it will be) that we will have enough technoligy to bring our bodies into a painless/fearless state for death... or even just use a lethal injection against themselves to make sure they don't suffer in the end..

Jamesadin
2002-12-21, 08:53 AM
I dont think there will be pain in the end. Just one big CRUNCH

!King_Amazon!
2002-12-21, 09:33 AM
When you say "the collapse and merge of everything back into one point" are you talking about some kind of rewinded big-bang?

Chruser
2002-12-21, 09:51 AM
In short, yes.

Demosthenes
2002-12-21, 11:35 AM
I have a question about all this. I was really bored one day and just thinking about this type of stuff. Lets just say, hypothetically, that the big-bang theory is real, and that one day there will be a great crunch and the universe will end, won't their be the same amount of matter in that little point where are universe has just collapsed as there was billions of years ago when the big bang occured. So if that is true couldn't it also be possible that the big bang would occur again, and if that happend with the exact same amount of matter wouldn't the explosion be exactly the same again. If that were to happen then wouldn't history just repeat itself over and over again? And if human's survive billions of years the technology would be so great, wouldn't it be possible to escape the universe. I don't know. This is all hypothetical, I just want to hear what yall think about that.

Strider Fury
2002-12-21, 02:28 PM
Chruser is right. lets all mass Zelaron suicide by jumping off of an building in your local residental area.

Jamesadin
2002-12-21, 02:31 PM
We could all go off fo the Zelaron HQ building.

Adrenachrome
2002-12-21, 04:35 PM
We could all go off fo the Zelaron HQ building.

Lmao!

Ontopic: I wont be around for all that I'm just going to have fun while I am alive.

RoboticSilence
2002-12-21, 04:52 PM
I don't think mass implosion would be painful at all. Seems kind of fun to me.

Jamesadin
2002-12-22, 02:32 PM
kinky.........

:p

JohnnyTAE
2002-12-22, 05:33 PM
I don't think the universe will bring it's self into a big bangable :p state all the time it is balancing out it's negatives and positives...
which would conflict with the uncontrollable radical of activitys that would need too happen for that too happen...

DaFrigginDoctah
2002-12-22, 05:37 PM
I tried but the Canadians foiled me.

Chruser
2002-12-22, 05:59 PM
Well, if the big bang theory is right, everything consists of mass and empty space. Atoms have space between each other, and so does the proton/neutron nucleus. Even the smallest particles we know of today (neutrinos) would likely be built up by even smaller particles. Now, imagine that all of the void was taken away, and left was only the mass. There we have it, all the mass today compressed into one small point that has collapsed by its own gravity and completely removed ALL space around it.

Personally, I don't beleive in the concepts "largest" and "smallest", as there is always someone or something bigger, so therefore, what existed before the Big Bang was infinitely small. I'm not sure what propelled everything away from such an insane gravitational force, but I think the universe DOES expand and collapse again every few, say, 100 billion years. The result is simply that evolution starts over and over, and we never manage to explore the universe to its extent, even in so much time.

But then again, after dying time after time in World 7 in the impossible game Super Mario Bros for NES, you learn that it's only a matter of time and patience until you get the skills to beat the system and rescue the princess.

Xenn
2002-12-22, 06:37 PM
Well, if the big bang theory is right, everything consists of mass and empty space. Atoms have space between each other, and so does the proton/neutron nucleus. Even the smallest particles we know of today (neutrinos) would likely be built up by even smaller particles. Now, imagine that all of the void was taken away, and left was only the mass. There we have it, all the mass today compressed into one small point that has collapsed by its own gravity and completely removed ALL space around it.

Personally, I don't beleive in the concepts "largest" and "smallest", as there is always someone or something bigger, so therefore, what existed before the Big Bang was infinitely small. I'm not sure what propelled everything away from such an insane gravitational force, but I think the universe DOES expand and collapse again every few, say, 100 billion years. The result is simply that evolution starts over and over, and we never manage to explore the universe to its extent, even in so much time.

But then again, after dying time after time in World 7 in the impossible game Super Mario Bros for NES, you learn that it's only a matter of time and patience until you get the skills to beat the system and rescue the princess.

It's not impossible! I beat it AND Lost levels in 1 day on GBC.

Titusfied
2002-12-26, 06:33 AM
I'm about to jump, anyone with me?

Anyone??

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Rapture
2002-12-27, 07:31 PM
Well, think about it. Humans are just energy that cannot be destroyed or recreated, just changed. We're the same as trees, rocks and nuclear missiles, which are also energies. Our feelings are just energies, and our pain is just indicated by our nerve cells that say that something is wrong.

Now, doesn't everyone want people to live and to prosper? Who seriously enjoys watching people in Africa starve to death? Clearly very few people. But we still multiply, and soon, hundreds of billions of people could live in the world, most likely even in space. Now, researchers have said that the universe WILL come to an end at some point, most likely by a collapse and merge of everything back into one single point. By then, nothing can or will be remembered.

So, if we're all destined to die and be forgotten anyway, why don't we end all human life right away? Six billion people would suffer far less than several hundreds of billions, so aren't we in fact just planning to torture humanity by living on this planet?

As a child I lived in the Philippines, its a third world country below Japan and above Indonesia. When I was a child I saw people starve and do everything they could to keep their family alive. Starving was common place where I grew up, though I was lucky. You say its hard to watch African children starve, and it is, but think if you lived right next dOor to them. As chidlren they have no choice as did I, my mother kept me well supported and me and my aunts family lived of what my mom was sending them from the US. During the summer time I would go to an island called Mindoro and I made many friends. They were sons of farmers and fishermen, while I was well fed I watched those closest to me starve, needless to say they came over where I lived often... I tried my hardest to stay there as much as possible but my Aunt did not want me too and in the end when I turned 8 I was brought tot he U.S away from poverty misery and friends.

Since then I am too embarrassed to go back and face my friends, they grew up with an immense amount of hardship and I was spared. Though I concider ideals such as 'what is the point' or 'we are going to die anyway why live?' a personal question. I live so that one day I can go back as an adult and give my friends the happiness they deserve, I want to give them hope for happier and better days - this is why I can do everything I do in my studies and school with a strong heart. We all have something we live for, and no matter what the Universe does we will always keep on living if not for ourself but for our friends and families...

Jamesadin
2002-12-27, 07:52 PM
When I travelled to Indonesia, I saw the poorest of the poor. It really opened my eyes. The sewage on the streets, it was rough...but their hopes were still up, and they were some of the nicest peopel I have ever met. WE were only able to give some of them money, but hey, thats all we could really do at that point.

Sorry, its kinda off topic.

Strider Fury
2002-12-28, 05:27 AM
makes you think bout the stuff taken granted now, doesn't it?

Jamesadin
2002-12-28, 10:28 AM
Yeah, definatly.

quikspy67
2002-12-29, 10:01 PM
like sometimes we complain about things that we can't get but should think about what we have

Strider Fury
2002-12-30, 05:34 PM
and sometimes we spent so much time just looking at the door that had just closed, we never look at the one that had just opened.

Mantralord
2003-01-03, 12:37 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about dieing...as crazy as it may sound, I have a theory your consciousness exists on another plane of reality. The complexities of the human brain exist algorithmically to give view to this consciousness. Think about it, how can a bunch of molecules create awareness? Trust me, I can actually *feel* it...like it follows me around, I can see beyond sometimes, as if im a blind and deaf person in this other reality...it feels so...familiar...i cant describe it otherwise, except it feels familiar...

slaynish
2003-01-03, 11:42 AM
Ok, about the pain... Chruser, if we are just energy, and you say who cares about how we feel, its about the future.... Then, the future will think that too.... And if we are just energy, and we have feelings that are... just energy, then when we all die, it will be energy... cells saying somthing wronge... it wont matter, becasue everyone will think about the ''future'' Its everyman for themselves here...

crystiltormet
2003-01-14, 03:27 PM
We only want to make the most of our lives the way it is at this moment and in our future..not the universes future, now and the fact that the universe will be gone later won't really matter because you, me, and everyone here will be gone. Chruser, it almost sounds like you really want a mass suicide or murder. It sounds like you're fighting life and don't want to have fun in it. I don't know you that well so I really don't know what you are thinking or what you can mean by this. Anyway...