PDA

View Full Version : Omg Heeellllp

Rating
2002-12-20, 11:13 AM
I installed my Starcraft/Broodwars, you know when you first try to play a cinema always plays through. but after that the cinema doesnt show again, well i installed broodwars and my cd is scratched so once i installed and it play, the cinema freezes because thats where it was scratched, it never passes the cinema so for me to play broodwars i have to start with the starcraft cd and go to multiplayer then click broodwars... then i have to stick my broodwars cd in and it will work...

So i guess my question is, is there a way to take the cinema out so that it will just go to the broodwars loading screen without me having to swap disc every time?

Valmar
2002-12-20, 11:38 AM
Hmm im not to sure about that right now hold on a second lemme try something ill get back to you.

Rating
2002-12-20, 11:48 AM
Okie Dokie

Valmar
2002-12-20, 02:06 PM
hm... have you tryed reinstalling the game?

Strider Fury
2002-12-20, 05:00 PM
try clicking through the intro.

DaFrigginDoctah
2002-12-20, 07:46 PM
I dont have it installed right now, but are there any mpq files in the dir? If so, look in like /movies or /intro something like that and rename their dir to *moviename*.mpq.backup and then make a text file in that dir and use the same file name *moviename*.mpq and it should skip it.
This worked on another game that I dont remember the name for, if not I will install it and see if I cant do anything about making something to skip the intro.

Rating
2002-12-21, 12:39 PM
^^ i donno what you talkin about DaFriggin ... you might wanna reinstall it, if you really feel like helpin...

strider... i tried that, but it still freezes because its a scratch in the disc i donno...

theomegadragon...i tried re installing it 100 times... its the disc so reinstalling it wont help ;)...

Strider Fury
2002-12-21, 02:22 PM
its your disc that dirty or scratched? try cleaning it with a soft moised cloth on the scratched area and see if it works. that's exactly what happened with my Quake 3 cd a while back. see if it works.

Satoshi
2002-12-21, 06:21 PM
There is this thing for PSX, and it cleans CDs when you put them in. It doesn't cost too much and you should be able to pick it up at EB.

Grav
2002-12-21, 06:56 PM
If your CD is overly scratched, I find the best way to bring it back to life is to get some Q-Tips (2 or 3) and put rubbing alcohol (NOT witch hazel) on them, and wipe it all over the cd. Dry for a while (without water) and try it again. It's brought back so many cd's from the dead.

Rating
2002-12-22, 04:24 PM
^^ its not that big of a deal its a scratch on the theme cinema... i just wanna find out how to get ride of the cinema without having to actually watch it... because i cant watch it or just press and button and pass through it... it freezes...

so if anyone knows how to get ride of it.... lemme know