PDA

View Full Version : How do I...

JohnnyTAE
2002-12-17, 09:25 PM
Open up ports on my router to enable me too use p2p's???

VComegasin
2002-12-17, 09:47 PM
Depends on your router though, if you find out...type in its own IP address, and I think there is a feature that you can turn on some specific port...well, at least this is what I did to mine :)

DaFrigginDoctah
2002-12-17, 10:29 PM
As he said it depends on your router, I just turned my firewall in the router completely off. It was preventing me from hosting a ftp, from hosting games on wc3 / sc and shit like that and my dumb ass tech support couldnt figure out how to open cerain ports, so off it went.
Seriously my tech support is full of a bunch of ignorant shit heads some CEO just pulled off the street, and threw in a basement with a phone and said "Work for your supper," My cat knows more than them. But that's off topic I just felt like letting off some steam.
But yeah just go in options and fiddle around in there and you should find some kind of firewall settings.

Hades-Knight
2002-12-18, 11:46 AM
yeah when you call tech support for anythign the solution of their problems is either

a. get the drivers
b. reinstall everything

i open my router thign by typing this in browser

http://192.168.1.1

Btw does anybody know hwo to check the internal ip of your comp? in win 98 it was start>run>winipcfg but now in win 2k winipcfg doesnt work

DaFrigginDoctah
2002-12-18, 12:59 PM
ipconfig
That's how it is in xp, since xp is almost same thing as 2k it should work.

Hades-Knight
2002-12-19, 10:41 AM
nope

JohnnyTAE
2002-12-19, 10:02 PM
Thanxz for the help I use a Linksys 4 port router but I guess I will just read over the manual and try again :D