PDA

View Full Version : Decrepify/Bonespirit PVP Necro guide

animal_doo
2002-12-15, 02:09 AM
Hello, i have just recently built myself a minionless pvp necro, and I must say he is not that bad as far as necros goes. His prime victems are barbarians and druids, Melee!. Prime skills, decrepify/bonespirit. To duel against any other chars, switch your equipment around with what you see fit...

Equipment:::
helm=shako

armor=shaftstop(really up to you, trang's armor would be fine i guess, but with more DR the better it is for you to survive even after a few hits from a mighty ith blade off a barb) / Other unlikely but very good alternative, ITH STEALTH! If you can find it, i have not seen any of these floating around on EAST. But with your already pumped str (should be 186) You can wear the highest def 2 socket armor. So find one with 2 sockets, make it a stealth. If you can find an ITH stealth(with ber/mal), highly unlikely though. This alternative is under the circumstances...

shield=ss / lidless, again depending on the circumstances, most likely though ss should be your prime shield, Unless you are just facing a very weak player. Then lidless would be a better choice..

boots=silkweave

gloves= trang gloves

belt= trang belt (its really up to you here, but the 15 regen mana bonus from trang set is not bad, and this is were you'll get your cannot be frozen mod...)

weapon=wizard spike

ammy=craft amulet w/ faster cast rate, regen mana, preferrably with +strength and +skill for necro

rings= 2 sojs

Stats:::
Strength= Shouldnt waste too much here, remember to load up on nice +strength jewels and charms. Really ONLY put if you really cant get your strength up enough to equip your stormshield!!

dex=75, leave it at this 75 is the requirement for wizardspike, and it does not hurt you meet the requirement with your base dex because the more the merrier for your SS (this of course you can add more to your liking its really up to you)

vit=everything else, you need this, more life the better

mana=none, leave at base, with shako, 2 sojs, wizardspike, silkweave, you should have more than enough mana for a pvp duel, and enough regen mana to get it back, IF you are DESPERATE and really running out, then add a couple more points

Skills:::
20 decrepify
20 bone armor
20 bone spirit
(you may waste 1 point on bonewall as it can come in handle with some melee)
These are the essentials for pvp, you can do whatever else you like with the rest of the skill points.

Strategy:::

Versus Barb\Druid
Why minionless necro? Because minions SUCK in pvp. Sorry the IM combo does not work well, and you are against people with brains they arent going to go attack your golem, and guess what, melee users have life leech. Your minions will just help them out even with IM. The strategy here is DECREPIFY! It slows and amps dmg. They will make all melee attackers futile. They will slow down so much (attacking/running) they SHOULD NOT be able to even catch up to you! if they do then you do not have enough run. Once you have slowed them down, cast bonespirit like crazy! It will be a very long duel usually versus a good barb/druid. But you will win, unless they have a teleport ammy. But of course thats why you have a shield, DR, and bone armor to survive if they ever hit you. The only way a barb or druid can hit you is through a teleport ammy, if they are hitting you otherwise, you do not have enough run. Decrepify is basically being knocked by a cleglaws pincers! So they shouldnt be able to catch up to you, Recast decrepify every 20 seconds.

Versus Amazon
Ok over here, I'm sorry to say amazons and sorceress in my opinion are the best duelers. Over here if the amazon is wear IAS armor, it should be fairly easy. Decrepify them, bonespirit them, run after them if they run from your bone spirit. You should have more run than them to scare them off. And yes most zons with IAS equipment will not be able to handle 3/4 of your bonespirits. They will run the minute you start casting like a mad man. Here is the trick you have to be very quick. In the beginning of the duel, they will attack you, when you cast decrepify. The trick is to survive the early attack, so that you can cast bonespirits, you HAVE TO RUN AFTER THEM and time your casts when your running after them. OFCOURSE you should be able to out run them! you have to run after them to make sure your bonespirits land! and cast bonespirits at certain points when you chase them, Believe me they will be so scared from trying to out run you and your bonespirits they will not stop to start shooting at you. Maybe more difficult if they use a shaft instead of IAS equipment. Also if they get cocky and multiarrow you. This is where bonewall comes in, you bonewall them. And their multiarrow WILL not get through the bonewall to hit you. Keep in mind though, that they can leech your bonewall. But bonewalls have so little life to begin with, and multi arrows are not as powerful has a guided arrow. So you need not worry, just trap them in, and bonespirit them.

Conclusion:::
To make this necro effective. You should socket with some NICE runes! Ber\Mal\Um, Any strength/dexterity/vitality/energy/resistance jewels. If you can get your hands on a havoc mark, do so! Remember RUN speed, and Faster Cast rate is what matters the MOST. And do not forget, MAX poison and if you can cold. Trang belt has cannot be frozen so you need not worry. But almost every melee stocks up on poison charms.

Its 4 AM, i got bored and felt like writing out my pvp guide If things are incoherent, sorry. Sort of tired and drowzy. If you have any questions just reply back to the post. Any advice to tweak my guide? let me know

MelchiaMH
2002-12-15, 11:28 AM
Hmmm you might want to go Lower resists instead of decrepify, it helps to realy crank up your BS damage. Also what are you fighting against with this necro? You have max DR, but you didnt bother to get max block. Imo if you plan on fighting phys dam characters you NEED to get max block, and change your gloves. Besides that, looks fine. and btw...Ith stealth? I havent seen that.

BMS-IcE-
2002-12-15, 11:51 AM
I've seen a Ith Stealth, cheesy but cool. Btw Lidless? Eh heh...

animal_doo
2002-12-15, 12:00 PM
well the lidless/stealth for faster cast rate... Under the circumstances, against a very weak barb/druid, they can not touch you so you wont need the shaft/SS, and can just kill him as fast as possible. Any barb basically who does not wear a shield is asking to die :P

Trang gloves, because of the +curse and faster cast rate

Decrepify over lower resist, because lower resist does not work very well against PVP, it just lowers maximum Resistance for the player. It does not "pierce" the resistance... Like if a player has 80 Fire, itll just drop it to 75.

Decrepify amps dmg and slows them. Which is most helpful because a melee will never be able to touch you... Its basically like dueling a zon with nos coil or cleglaws... minus the hi dmg heh

BMS-IcE-
2002-12-15, 12:07 PM
Any good barb has more run/walk then you can slow them.
Also deceprivy has a really short time span, 15 seconds at level 20, this wont be close to enough time to kill a good barb.

What are you talking about... Lower Resistance pierces resistances.... it just doesn't show the change past 75% resistance. Test it once in awhile You'll notice a damage difference in someone at 75% res and someone at 75% res who is lower resisted.

Mantralord
2002-12-15, 03:18 PM
*Along comes the zon with farcast or autoaim and slow and knockback....*

Ya know its pretty obvious that missile weapons are superior to melee ones...do you see any modern real world military using still using melee? No...

I'd much rather have a gun than a sword...stupid Blizzard..

MelchiaMH
2002-12-15, 06:37 PM
I'd rather have magic...And btw the Canadian military has melee, so HAH!

BMS-IcE-
2002-12-15, 06:39 PM
Hey shut up, those plastic knives they use are perfectly fine.... ((Giggles)) By the way standard equipment for a soldier comes with a knife and thats melee. :P