PDA

View Full Version : Have any Guide(s)?

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-12-12, 07:44 PM
if you have any guides you would wish to submitt into the specified sticky's per character class please submitt them here, apon submitting them here i will carefully insert them in the sticky's making the pvp forum more organised. Also feel free to talk about the submitted guide(s) in this thread, add any comments you would like to add:)

but please, do not start up another thread talking of the discussion of a paticular guide, instead please situate that in this thread, thanks:)

Pekson
2002-12-12, 09:35 PM
This is a good idea i wanna see sum druid and assassin guides!

Exterminator
2002-12-22, 07:26 PM
and a nova sorc guide!

Apoq
2002-12-23, 09:08 AM
cronic i plan on making 3 guides
vitazon guide (all match-ups included)
maybe my dr sorc (shes doing very well so far-need more varying oponents)
PvP hybrid wolf (how i deal with those ith buggers)
i plan on doing this after tonight "when/where it all goes down"
please don't call me apon sounds like im a tampon ;)

JiDDaR
2002-12-27, 07:00 AM
Apoq I wait ... when ur guides release?

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-12-27, 12:23 PM
well when u do release them, plz post them HERE then i will edit/make a new sticky for em and lock em...

Brendon3
2003-01-18, 07:27 AM
Heres a few I made a long time ago, they are still the 1's i use today tho:
Ok...most of the time for cowing zons Java Zons would be your best bet...but with the right gear a bowazon can kill faster then a Javazon...I will list a build for both of them and u can decide which 1 you like better....list your comments and changes below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bowa-Zon
This kind of zon is my preffered type..due to the fact you don't need much mana or mana leach, and its more fun shootin cows then throwing sticks at them .
STATS(base):
Base Mana(with mana leech this will not be a problems period)
135 Strength(This is enough strength to use every bow in the game....as of 0.9)
100 Vitality(you need enough health that u can stand a hit or two..incase a moster gets by your shots)
rest of points in DEX(DEX gives zons pure damage, like STR gives barbs damage. DEX also gives Attack Rating[AR] without Attack Rating you will be lucky to hit one cow.)
SKILLS:
Max Guided(you dont want to have to watse all the time shooting multis at a single cow)
Max Multi Arrow(The best cow killing Bowazon skill there is in my opinion)
Max Critical Strike(This gives chance to do double your regular damage..so instead of 1000-2000 you might do 2000-4000)
Lvl One Peirce(this is not required with a razortail because of the peirce mod)
Max Dodge(so the cows have next to no chance of hitting you, which wil save you if you are lagging etc.)
Max Penetrate(Adds % to AR...very much needed for cows)
EQUIPMENT:
FOR THE NOT SO RICH
Weapon: Buriza or Goldstrike Arch
Armor: 60 Increased attack speed armor(4 socket armor with 4 15% IAS jewels)
Helm: Vampgaze
Belt: Razortail
Rings: 2 Perfect Ravens
Boots: Waterwalks
Gloves: and gloves with IAS and Knockback(KB)
Amulet: Cats Eye Amulet or Highlords Wrath...Cats Eye will help more (you already have critical strike which is pretty much the same as deadly)
FOR THE RICH:
Weapon: Ith Crusader/Hydra bow with 440 Enhnaced Damage and 110 IAS..or Winforce with 40/15 IAS or Cham rune
Armor: 160 Enhanced Damage 60 Increased attack speed armor(best bet would be archon or dusk shroud)
Helm: 120 Enhanced Damage 45 IAS Bone Visage
Belt: Razortail
Rings: 1 Perfect Raven and 1 Corruption grip/Viper Whorl
Boots: Waterwalks...or Horadric Hacked boots wuld be good
Gloves: 20% Ias Knockback gloves..with Life or mana leech if you want
Amulet: Cats Eye Ammy...CliffKiller ammy if you can afford
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Java-Zon
Many peoples preferred zon..due to its possible enourmous attack power and quick cow killing.
Skills:
Max Lightning Fury (Easily the best cow killing skill out there)
Max Critical Strike (This gives chance to do double your regular damage..so instead of 1000-2000 you might do 2000-4000)
Max Dodge (So the cows have next to no chance of hitting you, which wil save you if you are lagging etc.)
Max Penetrate (Adds % to AR...very much needed for cows)
Max Peirce(very much needed in all parts of the game)
Rest Of Points In Valkerie(good distraction for when u pwn those cows)
Stats:
Base Mana(with mana leech this will not be a problems period)
156 Strength(Enough Strength For StormShield)
100 Vitality(you need enough health that u can stand a hit or two..incase a moster gets by your shots)
rest of points in DEX(DEX gives zons pure damage, like STR gives barbs damage. DEX also gives Attack Rating[AR] without Attack Rating you will be lucky to hit one cow.)
Equipment:
FOR THE NOT SO RICH
Weapon: Titans
Armor: 60 IAS Armor(4 socket armor with 4 15% ias jewels)
Helm: Vampgaze
Belt: Thundergods
Rings: 2 Perfect Raven Frosts
Boots: Waterwalks
Gloves: 20 IAS +2 Java-Zon skills
Ammy: Cats Eye Ammy
Shield: Stormshield
FOR THE RICH
Weapon: Perfect Etheral Titans
Armor: 160 Enhanced Damage 60 IAS(archon or duskshroud would be best)
Helm: 120 Enhanced Damage 45 IAS Bone Visage
Belt: Thundergods
Rings: 1 Perfect Raven and 1 Corruption grip/Viper Whorl
Boots: Waterwalks...or Horadric Hacked boots wuld be good
Gloves: 20 IAS +2 Java-Zon skills
Shield: 160 Enhanced Damage 60 IAS Monarch
MERC
Use this merc for all of the builds- Act 2 NIGHTMARE Offensive(MIGHT) With your choice of gear..keep in mind that Damage Reduce dont not take affect on mercs and that u should go for stuff with high Defense
This is an excellent druid build in my opinion..i dont use druids very often but then i do this is the way i go :
STATS:
200 Strength(enough for stormshield+ Strength gives damage on druids which is helpin)
240 Dex(This'll give ya maxed blocking and crazy AR..sometimes even with good AR druids dont get a good clean hit)
Base Energy
Rest of your points in Vitality
SKILLS;
Maxed Werewolf
Maxed Lyncthropy(forget how to spell)
Maxed Fury
Maxed Oak Sage/Spirit of Wolverine(what ya like better? health or damag)
1 point Feral Rage
Sparewhatever you think will help...might want heart of the wolverine for whatever reason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Points in
EQUIPMENT:

FOR THE NOT SO RICH
Weapon- Baranars Star
Armor- Shaftstop
Helm- Vampgaze or Jala's Mane
Rings- 1 Raven Frost and a Life Leach ring
Amulet- Cats Eye Ammy or Highlords..whichever you prefer
Belt- String Of Ears or Thundergods
Shield- Stormshield
Boots- Immortal Kings
Gloves- Immortal Kings
FOR THE RICH
Weapon- Fury Fanged Knife or Ith weapon
Armor- Shaftstop
Helm- Perfect Vampgaze 0.8/0.9 with a 40/15 max jewel
Rings- Perfect Raven Frost and a 11 LL ring with life
Amulet- Cats Eye Ammy or Highlords..whichever you prefer
Belt- String Of Ears or Thundergods
Shield- Stormshield
Boots- Immortal Kings
Gloves- Immortal Kings
Charms:
20 Small Vita Charms
10 Small Inertia Charms(Run/Walk)
A few Small Poison Charms(Poison is Vital when you are dealing with melee characters cause with zons etc they can leach the damage u do back..poison constantly brings them down and makes them low enuff for a single attack kill the next time)

This is a good azn build...tell me if you have any suggestions or comments below.or PM me and ill be glad to answer any questions
Stats:
Base Energy
156 Strength
250 Dex(For max blocking..and DEX gives damage for azns..just like amazons)
Rest of your points in Vitality
Skills:
Max Tiger Strike
Max Dragon Flight
Max Claw Mastery
Max Shadow Master
Max Burst Of Speed
Rest of your points in Death Sentry(for faster cow killing with the corpse explode)
Equipment:
Weapon- Nats Claw or a Cruel high dmg Claw
Armor- Shaftstop
Helm- Perfect Vampgaze
Boots- Waterwalks or Aldurs Boots
Gloves- 20% IAS +2 Martial Arts gloves
Belt- String Of Ears
Rings: Raven Frost and a Corruption Grip/Viper Whorl
Amulet: Cats Eye Amulet or Highlords..Highlords would probably work better
Shield: StormShield
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And special request for nova i guess i can right 1 now i guess
Stats:
156 strength (for stormshield)
220 Dex(for max blocking)
Pump Vitality
Base Energy
Skills:
Max Nova
Max TS
Max Orb
Max Light Mastery
1 Point in Cold Mastery(this is preference more or less depending on what u want, NOTE: Cold Mastery does not give u damage, it simply lowers the resist of another character, making orb do more dmg, if the character still has max resist after this affect, this skill will not help.)
Gear:
Occy(cows)
Lidless(cows)
2 occy rings(for all around)
Wizard Spike(duels)
Stormshield(duels)
Shako(all around)
Tgods(all around)
Frostburns(all around, these are key for the lack of mana from stat build)
Waterwalks/Soul Spurs/Grim Spurs(all around)
Tals ammy(all around, need the mana and life)
Shaftstop(duels)
Viper(cows)
5 Light resist charms(all around)
5 Cold Resist Charms(all around)
10 20 life sc's with second mods , FHR is key.

Wiccan][V][asta
2003-01-24, 07:44 PM
It's impossible to max 5 skills buddy... so, you can't max all 5 of those for the azn guide.

Adrenachrome
2003-01-24, 08:03 PM
No it is not impossible...

There is a total of 99+3+3+6=111 Skill points.

dirkdig
2003-01-27, 09:20 AM
To get the credit issue out of the way, most of this I learned from Darius, skitril, and the rest of the Diabloii.net barb forum. Those guys are geniuses.

I am not going to list iths/hacks/bugged items as potential items. Use them if u like, but they are not a part of the original game, so I don't count them.

The goal of a tweaker is to be able to compete in all forms of PvP. A specialized barb might be able to duel well against other barbs, so a barb dual weilding lightsabres, raven frosts, rising sun, guardian angel, etc., might take out sorcs well, while a barb with an inventory full of max/str charms, 160/60max armor will be good against other barbs. However, a tweaker is a single barb meant to duel against all classes.

Stat spread:
Strength: Minimum required for items. Remember that certain items give strength bonuses, so factor those it too. Later on, if you feel that your damage is lacking, adding a few more points into strength might help.
Dexterity: Enough to max block with the shield you use. For stormshield, that means 222 dexterity at level 99, and 2 less per level, so 204 at level 90, 182 at lvl 80, etc. Factor in bonuses from items before making the barb.
Vitality: Rest. Life is very important when dueling most classes, especially when youre lagging or first learning to duel, as it gives you more room to make mistakes.
Energy: leave at base.

Skills: Max battle orders, the mastery of your weapon (generally sword, but I have seen decent mace and axe barbs as well), and whirlwind. Berserk is a very useful skill, and while it is hard to hit a moving target with, its damage is magical so it is nearly impossible to resist. Adding more points add great damage bonuses, but this skill should be one of the last to add points to. Increased speed is worth getting to slvl 14 after items, after which point the returns make it not worthwhile. Natural Resistances can come in handy, I put around 10 or so onto my barb, it has diminishing returns, so if you notice youre only getting 1 resistall from a skill point, it might not be worth your while. Shout, Iron skin, etc. are not really that useful because most melee duelers use eth rune or some form of ITD.

Equipment: This can vary, depending on the build. I will list the basic build, and then list what I use.

standard tweaker:
09 arreats face: great bonuses including fhr, skills, and resistances.
vampire gaze: PDR and dual leech.
shaftstop: PDR and life bonus.
08 valor: Expensive and very duped, I wouldn't recommend buying this since chances are very high that it will disappear on you.
War traveler: frw, dual stats, and 15-25 damage make these ideal boots. D2C boots also work well, but the mods they add are more easily obtained from charms than those of war travelers.

IK gloves: good, huge stat bonuses as well as easy to find.
Dual stat LL glove with resists, ML, IAS, etc.: Can be far superior to ik gloves, but would cost a hell of a lot more. The best I've seen are 20%ias (good for berserk) 6% LL 3% ML 15 str 5 dex gloves. Very nice, and the other mods make up for the stats lost from IK.

String of ears: Life leech, PDR, MDR. Good against barbs.
Thundergod's Vigor: Lightning ABsorb, +max light resist, great strength and vit bonuses. Good against Sorceresses and Traps assasins, against other classes its up to you. I like to use against everything but barbs, since it gives nice damage bonus and nice life bonus.

Amulet: Corruption Heart is probably one of the best out there. For zons, a Cat's eye is another good choice. For BvB I like Crescent moon (get one with 6LL, the ML is so high even a low % will be sufficient) most people disagree with me but with 300 mana I have never run out, even against dodgers, because of the % damage goes to mana.

Rings: raven frost is a must for its Cannot be frozen mod. The second ring should be a good ring with life leech, and good other mods such as resists, damage, stats, etc.

Shield: Storm is by far the best. Some people like 08 gerkes, but it has a slower block IIRC and no DR. Whitstans is a lower cost substitute with great blocking speed and %.

Sword: This is the most variable part of the build. Many people use fury balrog blades because of their relative cheapness, speed, and ITD. Important factors to consider are 1) speed: whirlwind only factors in speed on the sword itself. Any sword should hit the -35%ias breakpoint first and foremost. For colossus blades, this means 40%ias, for colossus swords, this means 45%ias, for balrog blades and berserker axes, this means 35%ias. 2) damage. Damage is important also, of course. After hitting the speed breakpoint, damage should be the next concern. 3) if its ethereal, make sure its zodded (duh).

My barb uses .08 arreats socketed with BER rune (gives ITD and great +max damage, but doesn't give FHR or resistall like the 09 version) for fighting physical duelers and a .09 6% LL arreats face for vs casters and traps assasins. He uses a 415%ed cruel colossus sword of butchery +23 max with 45%ias, 136-387 damage 1hand, a stormshield socketed with 40ed/8min jewel, war traveler, IK gloves, a crescent moon amulet vs barbs, a rare barb ammy with 5 ML, 2 barb skills, 33 cold resist, +59 life for sorcs and assasins, and the Cats Eye for vs zons and melee. For rings I use an 11% life leech ring with resists, 7 strength, and life, as well as a raven frost. I use a shaft socketed with a 40ed/4-7cold damage jewel, and string vs barbs, and tgods vs everyone else.

Charms are the most expensive part of the build. 20 or so Faster run charms are important, and are better with useful second mods like max damage or resists. 20life small charms are also good, again with useful second mods if you can afford it.

If you have further questions, just ask away.

Adrenachrome
2003-01-27, 09:28 AM
Thats an excelent guide for a 'tweker', but personally I prefer specific pvp. Like Melee only. Bowa only.. ect.

Thanks for the guide I'm sure it will come in handy.

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2003-02-03, 05:49 AM
i will leave the guide their for now, to me it seems like some basic char strat, not too specific pvp wise on a paticular build

Apoq
2003-02-06, 01:38 PM
at cLvl 99 with all skill quests done you only have 110 points

its 98+12
you don't have any skills at level one :)

JiDDaR
2003-02-06, 02:17 PM
Cg for ur new mod title Apoq ;)

Click on my sig to vote for Zelaron.

tidus2005
2003-02-10, 06:25 AM
http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14646

here is a link to a great assassin guide

tidus2005
2003-02-10, 06:27 AM
here is another assasin thread

http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10571

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2003-02-10, 02:50 PM
you didnt have to quote the whole thing, instead just link it to the same guide i made a sticky for...

thor31
2003-05-28, 01:11 PM
guys pls post some paladin guides too :)

Apoq
2003-05-30, 06:00 AM
i'll gib you a link to a guide >.<

thor31
2003-06-01, 05:19 AM
hmm apoq i checked that link : i've found a druid guide there:(
O_o

Apoq
2003-06-02, 06:56 AM
your welcome

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2003-06-02, 09:00 AM
guys please dont use this thread unless you are posting raw data on a guide... you this thread for it's purpose i intended it...

ouroboros
2003-06-19, 02:15 AM
umm are you mods still there? im just checking because i want to write up a 1.09 2handed weapon wielding WW druid guide and d2 seems very dead online. and i just came back from an extended "vacation"

apoq's guide seems decent, you can expect mine to be of atleast the same caliber with a lot of typos.

i figure i can write it up tomorrow.

Apoq
2003-06-19, 02:12 PM
we'll be awaiting it :)

blizzard supposedly deleted another 112, 000 accounts

doesn't seem like that many but i'm thinking that refers to like 100, 000 mule hack gear accounts or something :-/

ouroboros
2003-06-19, 05:36 PM
im still writing it, i started at 11:00am, now it's 4:55pm

ouroboros
2003-06-21, 12:58 AM
hehe crap im only half way done and it's 50kb's on a .txt file...

ouroboros
2003-06-23, 03:58 AM
2-Handed Weapon Wielding Werewolf Druid Guide v1.09
Incomplete.
June 19th, 2003
By Ouroboros

"To travel in silence, I alone had secured his root. To brave the arrows of misfortune and fear neither noose nor fire. To play the greatest of all games, and win, foregoing no expense, is to mock the facised tunes of fate"

This guide should not be read with impunity.

I might have forgotten some things. I find myself wondering why i had some charms on my druid's mule right now looking over my stuff. So if you have any questions, ask. Most guides rely on generalization, but to truly know how to duel, one must know everything. Grab the coffee maker or a 12 pack of soda before reading this. This guide is not for beginners or people new to pvp or people afflicted with A.D.D.

Some random things i like to mention before we get started
-People who use the word "noob" & "pwned" are newbs.
-Legit = bragging rights, Hacked = no skills/ethics/intelligence
-Non-perfect items are not guaranteed legit items, they are an illusion. I've been there, done that. Seen this and that duped. It's about as silly as my perfect multi jewel colored robos.
-I took a little d2 vacation about a month after the last dupe because the economy looks like it was going to become very very unstable and untradable, came back just recently.
-I am a rich perfection idealist when it comes to D2.
-I have not MF'ed since 1.08. I've made my riches by trading back and forth, using my intellect & knowledge, penny-pinching, keeping to myself, and manipulating the economy. If the Diablo2 world mimiced the real world, I would be considered a Jew. :O
-I will not cover poor-man's gear choices. I will not cover the mediocre man's gear choices either, I figure the mediocre man has the brains to figure out what is acceptable to sacrifice for this build and the poor-man has no chance.
-I do not and have never used common dupes, iths, hacked, hexed, etc items.
-I've had the following pvp chars in my pvp career: HFSmiter, ThornSmiter, FOH/HF/Smiter, FOH/HF/throw/zeal/Charger, LF/JABazon, hybrid sin, bladeshield melee MA sin, pure MA sin, claw/claw pure MA sin, Pure javababa, Spear WW baba, Hydra/Orb/TS 9frame/block sorc, Hydra/TS DR/block sorc -- in no particular chronological order.
-All of these characters are no longer equipped because i've liquidated everything to feed my expensive perfectionist habits.(see "about my 2h ww druids" chapter)
-I have never duped with a program. although i have had several items rollback duped for me by blizzard.
-I always trade with legit items e.g. runes, cruels & sojs back before the last dupe
-Screw your private pussy dueling. Quit your whining about "it has gotten out of hand... now," if you were not discouraging it from the beginning, dont start now. If you did not leave the public arena like you did, it might just as well would not have been as screwed up as it is now. The chocolatey gooey minds of ITH users would be easily convinced to drop their weapons and listen to the majority, the superiority of you so called "veterans of pvp."
-Those who duel "legit" by illegit methods of getting their riches are the vilest of hypocrits.
-Never trust the newbs in the druid diabloii.net forums when it comes to pvp advice. They are poor, stubborn, know little about other classes & are not perfectionists, brag about "owning" people they think are good but are weak imo, and exagerate or most of the time make up stories to boast their imaginary "skill." They are decent for getting simple statistics from though --- if those statistics are correct. The barbarian forums are fairly honest but are quite boring people, the paladin forums are cocky. Sin forums are rich(out of unlegit methods, all of them except me, i was originally a sin) and insolent. Statistics forum is great, Ruvanal knows alot.

-={About my 2h WW druids}=-

Level 89 2h WW druid(planned for 1.09: 20oak 20WW 20Lyc 20Fury 4raven 4sw 1pc 20CycloneArmor)
Level 77+ 2h WW druid(planned for 1.10: 20oak 20HoW 20WW 20Lyc 20Fury 2r 2sw 1pc)

The level 77+ druid was leveled recently and stat distributed to prepare for 1.10's annhilus charm & steel rend.

There was a problem with the lvl89 druid: he did poorly against fury druids/zealots(65% win rate) because of his poor AR. it was about 7k. Which is not enough to hit at a decent rate. He did extremely well against sorcs and bowazons smiters fisters necros 4fpaBears and pure javababas. Hence the creation of the lvl77+ HoW&Oak Druid.

MY GEAR:
162-868dmg 300%ED perfect cruel thundermaul of quickness, two open sockets, (2x 40%ED/15%ias jewels(blue & white)) 9/5/5/5/5 fury - range 3
220-603dmg 215%ED Superior perfect Ethereal Gemmed "robo" Great poleaxe - 15%ed from superior(zod, 5x 40%ED/15%ias jewels(blue, white, red, blue, white)) 7/4/4/4/4 fury - range 5
167-473dmg 175%ed Superior perfect Ethereal Gemmed "robo" Giant Thresher - 15%ed from superior(zod, shael, 4x 40%ED/15%ias jewels(peach, blue, white, red)) 6/4/4/4/4 fury - range 5

60dex kokokokokoko superior perfect 15%ed Crystal Sword
Whinstan's Guard(ko)
200%ed perfect Flesh renderer
130%ed +5mana after each kill perfect Lidless Wall

220%ed perfect shaftstop (40/15max(red))
220%ed perfect shaftstop (Cham)
8%LL/6%ML/20%DR legit vampire gaze (Ber)
8/15/15/180%ed absolute perfect string of ears
200%ed perfect thunderGod's vigor
180%ed perfect snowclash
1.08 legit highlord's wrath(pentagon ilvl 91)
20/250 perfect raven frost x2
15mdr perfect dwarf star x2
11%ll 20str 76ar 17life 23%cold resist crafted ring
11%ll 2str 100ar 52life 10%ctc lvl3 charged bolt ws crafted ring
6%ll 8str 14dex 5%cb 16life 73%ed 114def crafted vampire bone gloves
200%ed perfect gore riders

Rare Circlet - +2druid 30%frw 19dex 15%Resist all 53%Fire Resist ATD8(Cham)
Rare Circlet - +2druid 30%frw +5%AR per clvl 20dex 29% cold resist(15%resist all/15max jewel)
36dex 60%Resist All Jeweler's Great Hauberk of the Whale(4x 15%resist all/9dex jewels(white,red,purple,green)[light class armor therefore no walk run penalty]

all have various image artworks to be more legit:)
8x 3max/20ar/fhr sc (yes, all 20ar)
2x 36ar/fhr sc (36ar is max possible, perfect ;))
27x 5%resist all/frw sc
2x 36ar/frw sc
14x 3max/20ar/frw sc
14x 11%LR/frw sc
7x 11%PR/frw sc
2x 11%LR/20life sc
5x 11%FR/20life sc
1x 3max/20ar/20life sc(legit coin image)
1x 36ar/20life sc
6x shapeshifting 12%fhr gc
10x shapeshifting charms with life(40,40,41,42,42,43,44,45,45,45 life)

My gear for one druid takes up two characters and a mercenary. It is just enough to take all variants of all classes as sufficiently as legitimately possible. Plz dont hack me.

With Oak Sage: 6.2k Life, 7.5k AR, 8.9k Damage (a melee setup, 73%dr 44%ll 50%fhr)
With Heart of the Wolverine: 4.3k Life, 10.7k AR, 11.2k Damage (a melee setup 73%dr 33%ll 50%fhr)

11.2k x 2(deadly strike) = 22.4k dmg
22.4k /4(pvp penalty) = 5.6k dmg
5.6k /4(DR%) = 1,400 dmg
1,400 x 5(one fury) = 7k dmg

Enough drama and bragging.

-={Basics}=-

-Read all the game dynamics in Tommi's page http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/subc_compgames.html. It's the perfectionist's dream site. He's smart.
-Do some math
You want enough strength to meet the minimal requirement of your weapon AFTER the strength from your gear, rings, charms.
You want enough dexterity to meet the minimal requirement of your alternative weapon(s) AFTER the dex from your gear, rings, charms.
-Plan for future investments in gear/charms of your dreams.
-Make an original name
Dont be stupid and make something like xXxLegolasxXx, we also don't need you to tag yourself as azn. we'll figure that out after you type a couple of sentences.
-Don't be too bummed when you happen to buy/find one godly item that is 1strength point more than you need and you want to delete your current character to recreate him and redistribute the points.
-Know your opponent's build
-Learn to recognize gear (what a shaft and arkaine looks on a zon, a barb, weapons, type, color-modifier, black=evisceration etc etc)
-I usually have my mini-control panel closed when dueling. Not too often but sometimes I accidentally click a button, once i've even exited myself out on accident. You should close it aswell.

-Deadly strike is necessary always have atleast 50%deadly strike(highlords + gore riders). If you can, sacrifice anything short of %damage reduction for deadly strike.
-Deadly Strike is the chance to double your damage rolled. It is affected by pvp penalty & DR%
-Open wounds is the chance of causing a player to slowly loose life, much like poison, except weaker and based on your and their character levels. It is not affected by pvp penalty & DR%
-Crushing Blow is the chance to do 1/10th of their life, much like static field. In PvM it is 1/4th. This is added on after you do your total damage. It is affected by DR%.
-You can have at max 75% damage reduction when PVP'ing. It's Highly recommended you get above 70%DR when facing physical attackers.
-Physical and Elemental Damage (except for poison) in PvP is reduced to 1/4th (thus, if your Fury max damage is 8,000, it will be doing 2,000 before the Deadly Strike effect). Poison Damage does not have a PvP penalty, but is NOT bugged as some manipulative a-holes want you to believe. Poison Damage can only be reduced by resistances, antidotes, and Poison Length Reduction items.
-Poison Length Reduction items are worthless in that 1) they are capped at 75% and are rumored to have a Difficulty penalty, you would need 150% poison length reduction in hell difficulty to recieve the actualy 75% poison length reduction. 2) Your opponent will almost always restrike you before that 1/4th of the original poison length reduction times out.
-Leech is derived from the damage you've inflicted. 44%Life leech means 44% of the damage the other player recieves goes to healing your own life.
-Leech is reduced by 1/2 in NM/Hell. Moreover, Your base resistance levels are determined by the game's difficulty: Normal Difficulty: 0; Nightmare Difficulty: -40; Hell Difficulty: -100
-If you die once in a game, you lose the resist gained by the Anya quests. So if you had 85% resistance before, you would end up with only 55%. To get your resists back, you should simply rejoin the game or another game.
-Defence goes to Zero when you're running. Defence is at full when you walk
-You will never have more than a 95% chance to hit or lower than a 5% chance to hit.
-in 1.09 the Eth rune gives 95%chance to hit and is bugged. As a druid you have the priveledge to be one above the rest and not exploit this bug.
-If a player does more damage than 1/12th of the opponent's life, they will be placed in hit recovery animation. If it is less than 1/12th that person will only be interrupted.
-As a two handed werewolf you will be more times than not do more dmg than 1/12th of the person's life after DR, pvp penalty, resistance etc.
-At the faster frames, being chilled by cold atttacks does not slow your fury attack speeds(9/5/5/5/5 fpa and better)
-I usually keep my resistences at zero(hence the 14x 5ResAll/5FRW charms) when fighting non elemental dmg oriented opponents. Your average non elemental dmg oriented opponents usually carry about 300 mixed elemental dmg simply because they cant afford all 3max/ar/frw charms or think somehow that it would help them.
-The X bug or the corpse bug: Once a player dies and you position your X right EXACTLY above the X of their corpse, so that you only see one X, you can achieve invincibility from Ranged attacks, ranged attack will not do any damage. This does not work against TS, Nova, FoH, etc. Does work against Orb, Guided Arrow, Double throw, etc. Basically anything auto aimed by the game will do damage to you. Anything that does melee damage(valkerye, mercenary, an occulus) will wear off the affects of invincibilty from ranged attacks. The melee attack does not have to connect to have the same affect, just any swing by a meleeist will make it wear off.

-This high damaging two handed build was meant to take out opponents in one fury. All Fury Werewolves & Zealots focus on a good combination of leech/damage to slowly chop your life down. If the gods of deadly strike, shield blocking, and dmg rolling are in your favor, you will take out All opponents in ONE good fury.
-Make sure you always do atleast a 9/5/5/5/5 fury, see the ias weapon type speeds below
-When you run, your wolves run aswell. When you walk your wolves move at a slower pace.
-Poison Creeper cannot be killed by another player
-You can use a switch such as flesh renderer and lidless wall to boost werewolf/lycanthropy/how/oak when shifting but it does not work on summons such as poison creeper, ravens, wolves etc
-Oak and HoW once summoned with a plus skills switch, such as flesh renderer and lidless wall, at a higher level will stay at that level as long as the aura is in affect. Switching back to your normal weapon while the aura is still present will not cause the bonuses to revert back to their current weaker level. The only way your bonuses will revert to a lower level is if the aura goes away for even a split second. Therefore oak healing will revert you to your normal level. Casting a higher oak with +skills switch, shifting, going outside, switching to the weapon, and replacing the oak with a lower level oak will not affect the bonuses. The aura acts as a sort of fuel that keeps the first applied bonus running. Blizzard could have made the aura like the paladin's auras, in which they pulse to the current level every 12 seconds but chose not to.
-AR is your lowest attribute, I myself prefer 36ar charms to 3max/20ar charms & 132ar/40+Life charms to Shapeshifting/40+Life charms. If you duel with less than 6k ar, i suggest investing points in DEX. 1 point in dex = 4AR
-The charms make the druid.
-This game works off Frames. There are 25 Frames per second in this game, this is not important. Even if u have a nice 3Dacc card and when you type "fps" in game it reports 100frames, the game still runs off 25 frames, it's just your computer showing them visually nicer and extending each real frame into 4 frames.
-What's important is Fury is made up of one initial swing and four furious swings. The first is slower and is the actual normal swing of a wolf's swing attacks. Normal Attack speed = Feral Rage Attack speed = First Fury Attack speed.
-PVP Fury druids usually swing between 9/5 and 6/4. I usually use "9/5/5/5/5" to say my speed out of habit, but it means the same thing: first swing is comprised of 9 frames and the last four are comprised of 5 frames.
-The only thing that affects fury speed is Increased Attack Speed ON the weapon. Yes Attack speed increases from the Werewolf skill does affect it but we max it because the 15%AR per level is too damn good. The increased attack speed from the WW skill nullifies the affects of any ias outside(oias) the weapon, when concerning pvp viable speeds.

Here is the eye-balled & assumed attack speed table for fury of 2-handed weapons of various base speeds, OIAS is across the top, WIAS is down the left. Remember, Standard/Fury/Fury/Fury/Fury.

Two-Handed Axes/Mauls/Polearms/Staves with Base Weapon Speed 20
Elite: Archon Staff, Thunder Maul

Standard Attack Animation Length

-- 00 05 10 15 20 25 30 35
0 20 20 19 19 18 18 17 17
5 19 18 17 17 17 16 16 16
10 16 16 15 15 15 14 14 14
15 15 14 14 14 14 14 14 14
20 14 14 14 14 14 14 14 14
25 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13
30 12 12 12 12 12 12 12 12
35 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11
40 11 11 11 11 11 11 11 11
45 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
50 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
55 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
60 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
65 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
70 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9
75 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
80 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8

Fury Attack Animation Length

-- 00 05 10 15 20 25 30 35
0 12 11 11 11 11 10 10 10
5 11 10 10 10 10 10 9 9
10 9 9 9 9 9 8 8 8
15 9 9 8 8 8 8 8 8
20 9 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
25 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
30 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
35 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
40 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7
45 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
50 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
55 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
60 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
65 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
70 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
75 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5
80 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

Two-Handed Axes/Mauls/Polearms/Staves with Weapon Speed 10
Elite: Colossus Voulge, Cryptic Axe, Decapitator, Elder Staff, Glorious Axe, Ogre Axe, Ogre Maul

-- 00 05 10 15 20 25
0 16 16 15 15 14 14
5 15 14 14 14 14 14
10 14 14 14 14 14 14
15 13 13 13 13 13 13
20 12 12 12 12 12 12
25 11 11 11 11 11 11
30 11 11 11 11 11 11
35 10 10 10 10 10 10
40 10 10 10 10 10 10
45 9 9 9 9 9 9
50 9 9 9 9 9 9
55 9 9 9 9 9 9
60 9 9 9 9 9 9
65 8 8 8 8 8 8
70 8 8 8 8 8 8
75 8 8 8 8 8 8
80 8 8 8 8 8 8

-- 00 05 10 15 20 25
0 9 9 9 9 8 8
5 9 8 8 8 8 8
10 8 8 8 8 8 8
15 8 8 8 8 8 8
20 7 7 7 7 7 7
25 7 7 7 7 7 7
30 7 7 7 7 7 7
35 6 6 6 6 6 6
40 6 6 6 6 6 6
45 6 6 6 6 6 6
50 6 6 6 6 6 6
55 5 5 5 5 5 5
60 5 5 5 5 5 5
65 5 5 5 5 5 5
70 5 5 5 5 5 5
75 5 5 5 5 5 5
80 5 5 5 5 5 5

Two-Handed Axes/Mauls/Polearms/Staves with Weapon Speed 0
Elite: Great Poleaxe, Shillelah, Silver Edged Axe, Stalagmite

0 14
5 13
10 12
15 11
20 11
25 10
30 10
35 9
40 9
45 9
50 9
55 8
60 8
65 8
70 8
75 7
80 7

0 8
5 8
10 7
15 7
20 7
25 6
30 6
35 6
40 6
45 5
50 5
55 5
60 5
65 5
70 5
75 4
80 4

Two-Handed Axes/Mauls/Polearms/Staves with Weapon Speed -10
Elite: Champion Axe, Giant Thresher, Thresher, Walking Stick

0 12
5 11
10 11
15 10
20 10
25 9
30 9
35 9
40 9
45 8
50 8
55 8
60 8
65 7
70 7
75 7
80 6

0 7
5 7
10 7
15 6
20 6
25 6
30 6
35 5
40 5
45 5
50 5
55 5
60 5
65 4
70 4
75 4
80 4

Faster Hit Recovery

Druid(Base=7)
=======================
Fhr--efhr--speed(frame)
0-----0-----13
5-----4-----12
10----9-----11
16----14----10
26----21-----9
39----29-----8
56----38-----7
86----50-----6
152---67-----5
377---91-----4
=======================
Fhr = faster hit recovery from charms/gear
efhr = effective faster hit recovery(unimportant)

The below is incorrect, it is the old and eyeballed faster hit recovery table. Everything listed in the diabloii.net regarding fhr and fbr at this time is incorrect.
Druid Base = 7 frames
18%FHR = 6 frames
48%FHR = 5 frames
125%FHR = 4 frames

I recommend 6frames for 86%FHR. Recently until today, june 22nd, I have been using the Old & incorrect fhr tables.

>>>I AM JUST ADDING THIS NOW BECAUSE OF THE NEWLY DISCOVERED CORRECT FHR TABLE: DISREGARD AND ALTER EVERYTHING BELOW IN STRATEGIES AND ANYWHERE ELSE REFERRING TO FHR; 86% FHR WOULD BE IDEAL, NOT 50%<<<

-={PVP Strategy}=-

I'm going over strategies Before weapons/stats/skills because it is easier to explain the inventory of weapons/stats/skills afterwards. These strategies are based on semi-legit opponents. I have not mastered thawing potions yet, so i will not mention them and suggest CNBF in every situation unless you are absolutely determined on standing still in a duel -- they ARE perfectly fair imo & there's nothing restricting the other person from using them except their own stupidity.

EASY
MEDIUM
HARD

These three difficulties represent the overall challenge of an opponent of the same caliber's build, regardless of how skillful you are & regardless of how well you studied this genious' guides, comparative to the difficulty of all the other builds you could possibly fight. In otherwords, if you have poor clicking abilities, are slow at reacting and are mildly retarded, fighting a tweaker WW baba would be even harder but if you are excellent at clicking, very experienced and have great gaming reflexes--it would still be hard. Likewise easy would be easy.

Oak healing is perfectly ok. Just know how it works, it only heals after the deceased oak's aura wears off. It's not a bug, a flaw in design maybe but blizzard game designers did code it to heal when casted it that way. Use oak healing whenever possible.

You will have one of the three switch combos on at all times:
Flesh Renderer & Lidless Wall
or
KoKoKoKoKoKo Gemmed Crystal Sword & Ko Whinstans
or
MDR12 Moonfall & Crafted 10%Magic Resistence + MDR5 Safety crafted shield(Mal)

When fighting melee and elemental
Have a lidless and flesh renderer on the switch to shift because it will give you an added 4 levels of lycanthropy and werewolf. Some have a +3 shapeshifting amulet and jalal's in their stash to preshift but personally i think that's retarded. They might aswell keep an Arkaine, sojs and 10x shapeshifting charms in the stash and switch it all if they're going to do that. Why do it half-assed when you can be a full ass? :O Only keep the flesh renderer and lidless on switch to shift! only shift with whatever u can carry that round.

When fighting opponents with any ranged physical attack
Always have your Gemmed Crystal Sword on when not attacking, the ko rune gives dex, dex = better % blocking. You'd have between 30-40% chance to block, but it's better than nothing. I've already calculated it with the block formula, and for my level of dex the Ko runed whinstans give me the best blocking chances. For you it may be an Eld blackoak luna or Ko black oak luna or an Eld whinstans or a Ko whinstans. Youll just have to calculate for yourself, look in the Arreat summit's basics tab for the formula. Use it when running or walking, When running chance to block is reduced 1/3. You get full block while walking or standing still.

When fighting a Necromancer with bonespirit
Strap on that moonfall & Safety shield, magic damage reduced by 3 is a suffix you can recieve on shields, and you could get an additional 2 from the auto affix from the Safety recipe. Bone spirit does very little damage alone but with Lower resistence could chop you down in as little as 10 bone spirits, the shield + monfall seems insignificant but every little bit helps.

Be sure to not attack with your switches on. You will swing seriously slow and that will open up a 2 second window of opportunity for the opponent to end you.

VS. Whirlwind/Berserk Barbarians(tweaker) HARD

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
150% faster run walk in small charms
Flesh Renderer + Lidless wall
50%fhr in small charms
>HoW

Never stand there and duke it out, no matter how much life and how much damage you have(i have the most dmg/life on west, been there, done that). Don't feel bad, no other meleeist can take a barbarian of equal caliber either. It has been suggested that you can beat them by standing in a corner therefore limiting their whirling. Maybe if both of you are equally weak you can, but if you're both strong, you have no chance. I've tried the corner trick on many pvp builds. Doesn't work. If you can beat them in the corner you can beat them out of the corner. Good ones leech and hit too much(especially with their Eth rune) and you don't hit them often enough because of their high defence. Their defence is what kills you. Oh, also their bugged 100% Critical Strike helps in the killing process.

-Objective is to not get hit, hence only one 11%ll ring and faster run walk
-Play around the pit holes of the Blood moor. They Provide small terrain--making them want to whirl more. Be quick but careful
-Do not summon spirit wolves, they are just vulnerable leech.
-Summon Ravens and Poison Creeper
-Always be on Run
-Only use walk if he does not use Eth bug
-Hotkey to walk only when his whirlwind looks like it'll catch you, do not do as others suggest and switch to walk ALL the time
-Pro barbarians learn that you will come in close when they stop whirling, because they think you think they've ran out of mana.
-Novice & regular barbarians dont always know or remember such things and are more courageous and whirl as long as they think they have a shot at snagging you.

VS. Whirlwind/Concentration Barbarians HARD

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
Flesh Renderer + Lidless wall
50%fhr in small charms
>HoW

These are by far a harder opponent than the cookie cutter build. Concentration is uninterruptable and therefore they can leech enough mana in one concentrated hit to begin whirling you to death again. With such they can also limit your ability to fury by constantly interrupting you when you are 2/5ths or 1/5th done with your fury. If they keep concentrating, depending on their level of defence you could die. The problem is they all use Eth bug, but their fastest attack is 9frames so you would always atleast get a hit in if you are not put through FHR animation.

-Step back a few yards, let them approach since they've locked on you(this is where your 150% frw comes in handy--- you can step back easier/shorter) shift+fury them as they approach. Their defence drops to zero when they are running making them a much easier target to hit, and most don't remember or don't know to be on walk when facing you.
-If they whirl don't try to make them run out of mana, theyll leech it back with concentration.

VS. BvB Barbarians HARD

LO Buriza
Circlet with 30% faster run walk + skills, Enhanced dmg, +5%ar per char level with dex(you need 20more dex total to meet the requirements of the buriza, get it from gloves/circlet/armor)[40/15%ias]
20%ias crafted gloves with dex(up to 15 dex can spawn)
160/60max Light class armor(with a dex suffix, up to 15 dex can spawn)
m'avina's belt
gore riders
08 Highlord's
2x Raven Frost
200% faster run walk in small charms
>HoW

You'll know these when you see these, 160/60 armor, big sword(usually black or ethereal), ss, vampgaze. they SHOULD be pure whirlwind, very pro players, pumped up strength for damage, all ETH users, 2.5k life, high high high defence & leech. Absolutely no chance going melee against these guys. These are pure melee exterminators. You are a pure melee. Unlike all their other PvP variants, BvB barbs would not usually invest much in increased speed...

-Teach your dog a new trick: Have him deshift, strap on a buriza, lose all DR gear and have him shapeshift into a runner zon.
-One hit is death no matter what. One hit leads to fhr, which opens a window for another hit which then results in death. 5k life or 2k life does not matter. You must not be hit even once.
-If you are in good terms with your god, pray for no desyncs.
-Don't let him get within half a screen's distance.
-You have 360%FRW, but if he manages to whirl close to you, but you dodge it get a half a screen's disance and aim one centimeter infront of the direction he's whirling and continue firing in that line of his whirling, one centimeter infront. They usually don't over click the distance at which they whirl-- their whirling should be about 5-6 centimeters.

VS. Hybrid Javababas HARD

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
50%fhr in small charms
KOKOKOKOKOKO Crystal Sword & KO Whinstan's on switch
>HoW

They are hard because they are basically whirlers and as such you use the same gear setup as you would against a cookie cutter whirler. Their Javababa side is no problem

Javalins move slowly through the air(well, slow compared to your 210% faster run walk) you can dodge all of them. Infact sorceresses with 20% faster run walk running in circles 8 yards away could dodge javelins. Remember what every javelin looks like when a barbarian is wielding it & remember the maximum possible stack size for each type. When you duel them start counting. Youll eventually get to the ones that act like they ran out only to spring a dozen on your butt and knock you back when you advance on them. The pro hybrids learn to react quickly when you are close, switching from a java throwing mindstate to a whirling mindstate quicker than you can advance from 3yards away to 1yard away. Hybrids are cocky and will try to take a meleer out with javs to show off and only resort to whirlwind as a last means. They will resort to whirlwind after they feel your thundermaul if it's the first match.

There's also currently a bug, when a barbarian is equipt with an "irregular" ammount of ias one javelin depletes a lot quicker than the other. this happened to me with 55%ias when i had a javababa. Counting helps, but if they followed the guides to the dot, they run out of one javelin earlier, which is good for you-- somewhat.

Javelins do quite a bit of damage in the right hands. I fired my javelins at 9frames per second when i had a pure thrower. that means 4.5 frames per attack. be careful.

-Objective is to not get hit, hence only one 11%ll ring and faster run walk
-Play in open space. If they were smart they'd try to lure you into swiss cheese areas.
-Summon a spirit wolf when you need a meat shield, dont exhaust your mana. Dont use the summons as shields when you are at 2/3rds of the baba's view radius or closer. you wouldn't cast them fast to enough to be of use, and your slow casting would make you easy prey.
-Summon Ravens and Poison Creeper
-Keep your blocking switch on as you approach/dodge. You have two choices: to get the upper hand on them by advancing them quickly and hope your hits are good enough to kill them before they realize to switch to ww and finish you off or wait until they run out of javs and take them on as whirlers.
-Hybrids have 32% less DR adding on to their decreased defence and lack of blocking when in throwing mode because of their 160/60max armors, if you get the upper hand on them you could very well take them out in ONE GOOD Fury.
-Your life orb will go to full after leeching off these 32%less DR morsels.
-Don't walk. fyi They have a 1 in 10 chance of hitting you when you are walking, hybrids = Shitty AR unless they use a duped 08 arreats. It's still safer to just dodge the javs by runnings. If you are in an avoidable situation, stuck between a pit and a javelin with another approaching right at you with no space to dodge,set on walk and try to side step it.
-If they are out of javelins and you are SURE they are out of javelins(you see them with plain fists) approach them as you would a WW baba(see above)
-They can leech enough mana in one double throw to whirl you to death and make all your efforts of an offensive futile.

VS. Pure JavaBabas MEDIUM

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
50%fhr in small charms
>OAK

This will be a mind game. These guys have more skill at throwing than a hybrid. They have more life than a hybrid. They are fast too, usually 14 points into Increased Speed, enough to run away & reposition. Hybrids are relaxed and carefree. Pure Javababas are eccentric crackheads. When i was a pure javababa no hybrid could EVER beat me. they had better sticks and an 08 arreat and still couldnt beat me. But enough about me...

-Do not summon spirit wolves
-You wont get block locked as they can often do to shield wielding opponents with full block.
-They have very good aim and skilled ones can predict where you go. Don't bother counting javs -- they make every shot count.
-they have a bit more life than a hybrid because of +6 warcries in their switch.
-Most don't know how to run or find it futile to someone as fast as you(even though chances are they're faster)
-If they are decent, they would know to carry some knockback gloves and use them on you.
-You have a 50/50 chance of being knocked back to where you started.
-You have no choice but to follow them into the swiss cheese portion of the blood moor. :O
-Don't walk. fyi They have a 1 in 10 chance of hitting you when you are walking, hybrids = Shitty AR unless they use a duped 08 arreats. It's still safer to just dodge the javs by runnings. If you are in an avoidable situation, stuck between a pit and a javelin with another approaching right at you with no space to dodge,set on walk and try to side step it.
-Two ways to go, lock or weave
-Click and get a lock on them If you are in the swiss cheese and relentlessly follow them. If you don't try anything(that you think would help), you will get them.
-If you are in open space, weave or zig zag towards them and if they are not skilled enough to throw javs at where you'd be then you win.
-If you weave and they are skilled then they could very well chip your life to nothing. You advance 4, get knockbacked 3, etc etc, until you're a yard away and drop right before them
-Once you get in by either weaving or locking then they are done. Most will try and run away, just pursue and pray they don't have an insane ammount of walk run added on to their high levels of increased speed. They cannot beat you duking it out unless they utilize the eth bug of the 08 arreat's.

ouroboros
2003-06-23, 03:59 AM
VS. Guided Arrow Zons MEDIUM

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
50%fhr in small charms
>OAK

Windforce zons > Ballista zons > 7fpa zons > 8fpa zons

Barbarians have a trick of zig zagging at zons that actually keep them from getting hit by guided arrow. It's because of 160%+FRW and level 14 Increased speed. Unfortunately with the diminishing returns, even with 360%frw we are not fast enough to zig zag to dodge a guided arrow. We've got the next best thing: Meat shields. You cannot expect to summon wolves/oak sage as you advance. You have a very slow casting rate. Use them as a distractional shield.

Often times zons don't know what to do and take out your oak sage & spirits with guided arrow. The smart and experienced zons will switch to multishot and clear out all your summons once they see your X approaching via maphack.

The damage reduction variants(Ber gaze, Cham shaft, SoE) types bring more of a challenge than 7/8 frame or dmg variants. 7fpa zons' strategy is to put you in block lock, which would slow your advance long enough for them to slowly chip your life away, but you will never go into block lock. Dexazons have little if any chance once you are skilled enough to make a flawless advance. Pro-zons often have atleast 2k life AND decent run walk(140%+), they bring a slightly larger challenge. Pro-zons are also guided arrow only, and do not put any points in multishot other than the pre-requisite - your summons can feel a little safer.

Sheepzons that follow GI rules, private leagues that copy GI rules, or DII.net's bullshit suggested "fair" rules have no chance. They say pierce is bugged and is not supposed to pierce back and forth like that with guided arrow -- it's one BIG LIE to make you believe what they want -- there is absolutely no proof and no blizz employee has ever said that it was. I've been in their circles, they make up bullshit and the veterans of GI wdgafa often argue that it's not bugged. Conversations with gfraizer have been fabricated by believers of GA bugging to prove their losing point. Neither Guided arrow nor Pierce is bugged or over-powering.

The ravenfrost helps with the cold damage inflicted by the Ballista. Think of the 210% faster run walk as both offensive and defensive. It let's you advance faster and let's you chase her quicker so she has little time to fire off shots if she's at a distance she believes is safe. I prefer the extra damage over the leech(ring vs. shaft's socket)

Taking out the bowazon is much like picking up a woman at the bar. Be prepared. Be yourself. You'll be the one approaching her. Attract her curiosity. Be spontanious. Travel in packs, have your comrads distract her. Remove her friends from the picture so it's just you and her.

-Most if not all zons use maphack, if they use it, you use it. This should be your policy towards all opponents that benefit from map hack. Yes, you can play without maphacking and find her location by where she shoots from aswell, but i personally don't care to burden myself with one more thought proccess.

WITH MAPHACK
-Summon all pets.
-keep Blocking switch on when you are not attacking
-No zons are ballsy enough to approach you, therefore you will always be the ones approaching them.
-Before you approach write a !dialogue with a little sexual innuendo in it. As you advance with your sexual innuendo, it will cause a slight delay in the zon's reactions as he tries to read the moving distraction. Don't make the dialogue too derogatory as you're trying to insinuate curiosity, not ignorance. If he believes it is just cussing, his mind will automatically ignore it.
-If you are coming from the bottom, your advance should start at one screen's distance away from the zon. advance in a sort of zig zag: go up jsut enough to see their feet(she would see your head if she's not overly focused on the maphack X), back slightly behind your wolves by making a U turn to the right and head diagonally to the left towards the right side of the zon[if the zon is facing you](you should be seeing arrows fly to your right). Then summon spirit wolves to where you would be(at the end, or the corner point of the zigzag of where you're hopping to next).
-That point should be about 6 yards away and to the right(HER right)
-think of spirit wolves as a margin of error, the # of mistakes you could make while approaching the zon.
-remember u cant dodge the arrows like the barbarian but you can avoid walking in their guided arrow's homing path
-only summon up to 2/3's of the screen of the amazon's view radius, in the inner 2/3's meat shields wont help you unless the zon is retarded.
-If you really retreat behind your pack of pre-summoned wolves before getting close to the zon, due to bad kharma, lag, whatever reason, make sure that it's a full retreat and resummon them then try again.
-Ok, back to the attack, Feral Rage off the Valkerye & Decoy, as they should be infront of you, to eliminate any distractions for your ravens/spirit wolves. Be careful, Pro-zons can capitalize on this and get a few hits off. You Feral for the faster run, not the leech.
-If you attack the zon and not the decoy by accident, please don't go back and attack the decoy.
-Now if you made it through the hard part and got close enough to take a swing at them, one of two things will happen: they will tank you(they die) or they run.
-Ravens come in handy here. Their points in Avoid will delay their escape. Their points in evade help you as ravens have helped me in the past by stopping them in their tracks. Ravens follow the zon as long as you do.
-Never stop. Never pause to think. Never switch back to your Block switch. You can go at the chase two ways: End it quick and do a cut-off or relentlessly lock on them.
-Cutting the runner off is very difficult to do and requires that the zon has not equipped a decent ammount of FRW and runs straight for atleast 20 "d2 yards"(a screen and one third). You would need larger distances for zons with FRW closer to yours. You must run along side her until you are next to her, running by her side, be no more than 1 centimeter away from her side. Then do a shift fury swipe diagonal towards her position (in other words shift-fury to where she would run to). Tmaul is range 3, a bit better than your average druid's single handed weapons. If you're skilled you hit her or cause her to go into an evade animation.
| * |
| XX |
| || |
|_ || _|
| )....||........( |
||
||
|/
|
|
|

*= point at where you shift fury.

-If you failed, Often times zons are confused and become awed by this maneuver and stop for a half a second to think about what you just attempted and end up pausing for longer than they had intended. Continue the pursuit if you fail. Barbarians do this trick when they are in pursuit aswell except with whirlwind, which works better.
-If you relentlessly lock on them they will eventually die. They can never stop and fire long enough to not be in danger of a fury as long as you are locked on them. Faster Running ones have a better chance of being out of range of your fury after they end their shot. They 80% of the time eventually fall. You can often take them out in one shot. Ravens, evade and desyncs might come into play aswell. Summoning valkerye would be a big mistake on their part. Slow casting often gave me the opportunity to get in a Fury.
-It all basically depends on how much life they chipped off of you while you were advancing on them. If it's more than half, you're in pretty bad condition as two hits fired off in the chase could end you.

WITHOUT MAPHACK
-Now if you're playing against the over-zealously legit zon without maphack, don't summon anything except your Oak Sage(because if you mess up and she launches several arrows at where you were-some hit you-hopefully one will kill the Oak Sage, giving you an opportunity to oak heal after u retreated---just a precaution)
-travel around carefully and seek her valkerye's (light radius if it's night) so the zon doesn't see you.(the smart zon will keep her decoy right next to her when she's playing against a druid)
-If you see her, run like hell in the opposite diagonal direction then make a quick sharp turn after you are a screen and half's distance away-this is to avoid her getting a lucky hit in before you've even begun to advance.
-The legit zon has quick reflexes and shoots anything that moves.
-If you think of summoning your poison creeper to check for a zon, because she will fire at it, don't, you don't want to let them know you're in that direction.
-now if you know her location & she doesn't know that you've scouted her, go around the other side of her to where the valkerye isn't, hopefully the left or upper side of her, summon all your pets quickly & advance in the fashion depicted below.(people have a tendency to hover their pointers along the bottom and right side of the screen when anticipating an opponent)
-they don't have time to multi-shoot your summons.
-From there, advance furiously straight at her. Ignore the valkerye & decoy. Ravens will begin attacking either the decoy or her.

| X |
| \ |
| \ |
|_ \ _|
| )..........\...( |
dX
v

-SIDE NOTE:It has been suggested by a friend to let her see you so she could anticipate where you'd be coming from so that her mouse pointer would be on the wrong side of the screen opening up a 1 second window of opportunity for you to advance. I thought of that too, but it would be more like half a second because this zon is indeed over-zealously legit and with that comes brains and reflexes-- she would shoot as soon as her mouse pointer crossed the other side of her body when she sees you advancing. Not only that but she should wonder what's up after the 10 seconds it took you to go half a circle around her, & summon pets-- shell get smart and realize you're coming from the back side fire several shots and take out 1/2 of your life. Keep with my strategy and don't let her see you. Half a screen is not a far distance
-Never stop. Never pause to think. Never switch back to your Block switch. You can go at the chase two ways: End it quick and do a cut-off or relentlessly lock on them.
-Cutting the runner off is very difficult to do and requires that the zon has not equipped a decent ammount of FRW and runs straight for atleast 20 "d2 yards"(a screen and one third). You would need larger distances for zons with FRW closer to yours. You must run along side her until you are next to her, running by her side, be no more than 1 centimeter away from her side. Then do a shift fury swipe diagonal towards her position (in other words shift-fury to where she would run to). Tmaul is range 3, a bit better than your average druid's single handed weapons. If you're skilled you hit her or cause her to go into an evade animation.

|
|
/|
________||________
| || |
| || |
| || |
| XX |
| * |
| |
|_ _|
| )..............( |

*= point at where you shift fury at.

-If you failed continue the pursuit. Barbarians do this trick when they are in pursuit aswell except with whirlwind, which works better.
-If you relentlessly lock on them they will eventually die. They can never stop and fire long enough to not be in danger of a fury as long as you are locked on them. Faster Running ones have a better chance of being out of range of your fury after they end their shot. They 80% of the time eventually fall. You can often take them out in one shot. Ravens, evade and desyncs might come into play aswell. Summoning valkerye would be a big mistake on their part. Slow casting often gave me the opportunity to get in a Fury.
-It all basically depends on how much life they chipped off of you while you were advancing on them. If it's more than half, you're in pretty bad condition as two hits fired off in the chase could end you.

VS. Poison Zons

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
50%fhr in small charms
>OAK

People tend to exagerate the damage of poison because they simply don't want to admit how weak & unprepared they were at taking a poison zon.

I remember being told "an average poison zon has 5k poison damage n00b" when arguing how fair poison was. This came from a paladin, nikodemus or something. Let's expand on this, naturally a zon would not carry much poison damage on their gear/weapon. A physical damaging weapon or gear that increased longivity or damage or speed would be of far greater use as far as i can contemplate. That leaves only inventory space for poison
Let's take a look at the possible poison charms:
209, 290, 383
383's are always duped.
I've found myself a 209 poison charm once when i was a newb. Most are duped aswell. 290 are mostly duped too. There are other powerful ammounts of poison. A zon carrying 383 would be considered illegit -- she's using a dupe, overpowering dupe that is extremely rare if it were legit--much rarer than a legit arkaine's valor that no longer even spawn. Carrying 10x 209 would still be considered illegit. Maybe we should only be careful of ILLEGIT poison zons the same way we should be careful of illegit ith zons.
100pd/frw sc <-- found a couple myself
100pd/fhr sc
100pd/20life sc <-- highly duped, still a small quantity of legit
Now if they loaded up completely on 100pd/frw and 100pd/fhr charms(which would be what i'd do) she'd have resistences in the negative 70's but would run as fast as you but would have at best ~1.6k life. All poison zons are Pubby and therefore encounter sorcs, they usually set resistences at zero or into the positives. 40x 100pd/fhrfrw sc's would also cost roughly an arm and half a leg. I don't think average pvp'ers could afford that. Hmm ok let's lower it down to 2.6k poison damage for ressistance's sake. Ahh, and you have 75% resist poison. that's 650 poison damage accumulated over 130 seconds. As you watch your orb drain down, you begin to realize poison doesn't do that much damage when you have resists. The truth is your average poison based legit zon carries 2k poison damage. Which does little after resistence.

-remove 7 of the 3max/20ar/frw SC's and replace them with 7 x 11%Poison Resist/frw SC's. You will now have 77% poison resist in Hell.
-Poison zons tend to be a little more fearless and some have actually advanced towards me as to get the upper hand.
-Every second is crucial.
-Attack from a point where the decoy and valkerye
-Don't try to Feral on the valkerye or decoy, you will just have to go without your raven's help. You almost always get hit while approaching a Guided arrow zon even if you follow my strategy above.
-If you're advancing from the bottom, a screen away go diagonal to the right towards them by clicking at the edge of your screen, once there hold down the Furying mouse clicker and drag the mouse all the way to the zon, quickly let go of the left clicker and relock on to the zon.
-If she has multi shotted you, down an antidote. Recast oak if you feel it necessary to oak heal, otherwise, Don't & continue with your limited life.
v
d
X <-.
\ |
\ |
___________\______ | One
| / | | Screen's
| / | | Distance
| / | |
| X | <-.
| |
| |
|_ _|
| )..............( |

-They've probably hit you by now, hit the hotkey to your antidote while you're furying or chasing them.
-follow exactly as above for Guided arrow zons on the chase and down an antidote whenever you get hit.

VS. Mage-a-Zons Difficulty MEDIUM

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
50%fhr in small charms
>OAK

Replace 3max/ar/frw charms with resist all/resist lightning/resist fire/frw charms until you recieve 75% resistence to fire/lightning and maintaining atleast 0% resistences to cold & poison. Cold damage in small charms do little damage and all mage-a-zons aim for more lightning/fire damage. Most charmfilled mage-a-zons would have about 15-600 Lightning damage, 225-375 fire damage, and under 125 cold damage. Mage-a-zons don't care to carry poison but still could carry some, but poison is of little threat. They don't care to carry cold because of the common use of raven frosts. Mage-a-zons take off their resistences when fighting with you but if they have resistences on or are in a public FFA, they would want their resistences at zero decreasing their elemental damage significantly.

These builds capatalize on the current trend of low resistences in other pvp builds. They are almsot always 8 frame ward bowers or buriza holders. They're the richer evolution of a board regular guided arrow zon and tend to be more experienced.

Treat these zons just like normal guided arrow zons. Do not reduce your DR, their arrows still pack quite a physical punch.

VS. Hybrid Zons MEDIUM

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
40/15max shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
1x11%ll ring
1x Raven Frost
50%fhr in small charms
>OAK

These are basically the same as a Guided Arrow Zon except that they could use Jab. When they jab they are un-interruptable. These zons, if smart, will not go melee with you. they know the outcome. They have lower life than your GA zons. Jab's un-interruptable feature makes it more difficult for shield wielding classes, not for us. The Hybrid Zon usually always wears 160/60%ias armor and has full blocking and DR only when the Javalin & Stormshield is out. This means they have 32-40% Less DR when in Bow mode. They have 40%less DR because of the 40/15%ias in their Helm, if they are 7/8fpa--The ber is socketed in their StormShield rather than their gaze. 40%less DR really really hurts them. In this, the Hybrid zon is a bit more cookie cutter-ish--Guided arrow zons are a general category and can spring a variety of builds: different weapons, different ammounts of dr, wider range of damage among builds, different stat placements, all stated above. Javelins are range 3, same as a Tmaul.

-Treat them as a Guided Arrow Zon.(read above)
-When they retreat, they switch to their shield/jav for increased defense/blocking/DR(& run walk if they use titans) but also increased evading, which inturn takes away a bit of the advantage given to them by switching.
-Your life orb will go to full after leeching off these 32-40%less DR morsels in bow mode.
-If they do feel like experimenting and jab you, have no fear, they have bad AR and that un-interruptable wont help them as you smack 1/2 of their life out with just the first fury.
-Expect alot of misses: blocked furies, dodged furies, missed furies, interrupted furies when they go jab u.
-If you must, step back a few yards, let them come towards you and shift+Fury them as they approach. You could do so easily because of your 210% faster run walk which you had prepared for their Guided Arrow side.
-They will resort to GA when they feel your Tmaul if they are concerned with winning.
-Most hybrids aren't mentally set enough to transition from jabbing to GA'ing and are slow on the response and sometimes panic in the first 10 seconds after transition when you're chasing them.

VS. Pure Jabazons MEDIUM

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
CHAM shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
2x11%ll ring
10x shapeshifting +life charms
50%fhr in small charms
Flesh Renderer & Lidless on switch
>HOW

Remember how I mentioned the one good fury killing base strategy of this build? Well it's difficult to complete one Fury fighting uninterruptable opponents. The jabazon is, out of all the repetitive stand still melee builds, the best leecher. Paladins and Fury WW's rely on dmging you to death while maintaining life leech, while jabazons rely on out lasting you & playing the statistics. They're hard to kill because they leech all their life back. Pure Jabazons do a bit more damage and have much better attack rating. Good ones have over 2k life because they carry little FRW, if any.

-Summon all pets
-If they try to take out your HoW, let them, attack them while they are attacking your HoW. Recast HoW before it wears off
-Feral Rage their valkerye and decoys first not for the sake of leech but for the sake of your ravens/spirit wolves to get a hit in
-Expect to be stabbed alot, they'll only make a small dent in your 5k+ life, but it adds up over time.
-Expect alot of misses: blocked furies, dodged furies, missed furies, interrupted furies when they go jab u.
-You have a decent chance of hitting them with their "average" defence.
-Step back 10 yards, let them come towards you and shift+Fury them as they approach. theyll whine and tell you to "stand still!" I have yet to face one that remembered to walk towards me. Doing this is your best chance of winning.
-These can last 5 minutes if you are stepping back and not having much success.

VS. Fanatic Zealot MEDIUM

Tmaul
gaze
6%ll gloves
CHAM shaft
string of ears
gore riders
08 Highlord's
2x11%ll ring
10x shapeshifting +life charms
50%fhr in small charms
Flesh Renderer & Lidless on switch
>HOW

Your run of the mill zealot. You usually win these unless they are packing a duped 08 valor. They increase their chances of winning substantially. This is where the basis of your build can thrive. Pro-zealots have 2.5k+ life and do enough damage to be a threat. One good Fury can take them out as I often do. Most Zealots were zons that were bored of being a zon and were impressed by a few good zealots. The average Zealot often has high Holy shield, 20 Charge, 20 Fanaticism and 20 Holy Freeze. Points in their Zeal only increase the number of hits(up to 5) and Attack rating. They have above average defence because of their holy shield.

The best of the best zealots will always beat the best of the best smiters. It's been proven again and again, cross-realm, same realm, private realm, etc etc. Cocky smiters can deny it all they want.

Good news, If a zealot misses with the first hit, he misses the last 4 hits. Bad news, most use Eth rune bug. Duking it out with these guys often leads to a win. All decent zealots nowadays Zeal at 8/4/4/4/4. All decent zealots zeal at an initial 8 frames and can not zeal faster. There are no 2handed weapon wielding zealots. Zealots that do not use Eth bug have no chance against you, a pity.

More bad news, Holy freeze slows your attack speed! mine goes from a 9 to 10 frame initial attack but is still a constant 5 frame fury. Unfortunately i've always forgotten to try methods of countering this little problem: Faster base weapon, More IAS on the weapon, IAS outside the weapon... Good Luck!

Zealots that have an ethereal hellslayer in the switch to charge are a joke. The damage is not a threat because of your 4k life but will put you through the FHR animation. The strength required to equipt that hell slayer puts them at a serious disadvantage against you. Take advantage of them when they are shieldless.

-Summon all pets. Position the dire wolves behind you about 1-2 yards away so the zealot wont be tempted to take them out first. Position your HoW as far behind you as you can. Position Poison Creeper and Ravens infront of you -- Yes i know they all tend to wander.
-Let him approach you
-If he does go for the pets first, make him regret it.
-Expect your Spirit wolves to die in the first 5 seconds of engaging the paladin's zeal. They served their purpose of saving you from one hit--meat shields.
-Resummon the HoW whenever it's killed
-You'll have a problem if HoW wanders into the zealot's attack too often as you would need to recast it, opening a window of opportunity for them.
-If the paladin expected you to be a 7/4/4/4/4 hitting shield carrying Werewolf he'll lower his blocking % by dropping his dex to decrease the chances of block lock(if he's pro, pro's sometimes can do this).
-Ravens are your best friend, Paladins have the best blocking, require less dex for 75%blocking and block faster than other classes -- About 2 in every 5 games i've played with them they are set atleast once in Block lock. Block Lock on them doesnt last long for our builds. Your shield holding bretheren have an advantage over you on these matchups because they often win because of the paladin's block lock. It was rumored that mace class weapon cause more block locking than swords, axes, etc. Just a rumor in my opinion.
-Your average decent zealot will put you in FHR animation once every 25 shots. Your pro zealot will put you in FHR animation every 10 shots. They do quite a bit of damage with their ethereal cruels.
-Use the back stepping shift-furying technique explained above. Quite a few paladins know to walk though. This almost ensures your chances of winning.
-Sometimes zealots backstep themselves, if they do walk towards them and smack them as they try to shift zeal you with their range 2 weapons(i personally don't know why they do it, they have ITD from ETH Bug -- it helps them a little, i suppose). You stop advancing as soon as you reach range 3. Technically you are out of their range of shift zealing and can get some hits in, but they will lock on you to try franticly to leech back life as soon as they realize this -- if they're still alive.
-Remember you are using HoW, the battle could be over in 4 zeals from a pro.
-These battles don't last as long as if you were wielding a shield. Either you have no luck at all and you die in 30 seconds or they die.

I'M BURNT OUT MAN!!! TOO MUCH D2 @$(*$$&@*@&$)@&$@)&*@ this isn't good for my eyes...

Here are a list of VS. Strategies i have failed to complete:

FFA
Team Duels 2v2
Team Duels 3v3
Team Duels 4v4
Handicap Team Duels

shaman
shockbear
fury werewolf
2handed fury werewolf
werebear
fire claws werebear

orb sorc
tri-elementalist
hydra sorc
other sorcs

trapper
claw claw sin
claw/shield sin
hybrid sin

bone spirit necro

foh/smiter
pure smiter
holy freeze
defiance smiter
charging foh'er
blessed hammers

Good Luck!

-={Weapons & Gear}=-

My Recommended Weapon Choices & Calculations for them:

Thunder Maul
str req=253
dex req=0
33-180 base
speed=20

MAGICAL cruel of quickness 300ed/40ias
166.6-886.9dmg 390%ed/55ias 9/6/6/6/6Fury (with ohm/40ed15ias)
163.2-868.8 380%ed/70ias 9/5/5/5/5 (40ed15ias/40ed15ias)
149.6-796.4 340%ed/75ias 8/5/5/5/5 (shael/40ed15ias)

ETHEREAL 6 socket "robo" thunder maul
str req=243
dex req=0

49.5-270
151.5-813 200%ed/75ias 8/5/5/5/5 (40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed/15ias/zod)
159.075-853.65 215%ed/75ias 8/5/5/5/5 (superior 15%ED)(40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed/15ias/zod)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great Poleaxe
str req=179
dex req=99
46-127 base
speed=0

206.8-563.2 340%ed/75ias 7/4/4/4/4 (shael/40ed15ias)

ETHEREAL 6 socket "robo" great poleaxe
str req=169
dex req=89

69-190.5
210-574.5 200%ed/75ias 7/4/4/4/4 (40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/zod)
220.5-603.225 215%ED/75ias 7/4/4/4/4 (superior 15%ED)(40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/zod)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giant Thresher
str req=188
dex req=140
40-114 base
speed=-10

164-460 300/80ias 6/4/4/4/4 (shael/shael)

ETHEREAL 6 socket "robo" giant thresher
str req=178
dex req=130
60-171
158.6-447.2 160ed/80ias 6/4/4/4/4 (40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/shael/zod)
167.75-473 175ed/80ias 6/4/4/4/4 (superior 15%ED)(40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/40ed15ias/shael/zod)

I highly Recommend either a
275%+ED Cruel tmaul of Quickness with two 40%ed/15%ias jewels for a 9/5/5/5/5 fury
or
6 socket Ethereal Tmaul with 5x 40/15ias's and a zod for an 8/5/5/5/5 fury as the main weapon. get superior if you can.
I recommend the Ethereal Tmaul more than the Cruel tmaul of Quickness as the one faster initial frame does make a difference in certain situations

Thundermauls, Legendary Mallets and Ogremauls have a 110% dmg/str bonus, for every 100 points in strength, you recieve 110% dmg bonus. therefore a 1.1% dmg bonus per strength point. 253 strength = 278% enhanced damage. Shopbotters come across cruel tmauls of quickness quite often.

I have the best possible Cruel Tmaul of Quickness in 1.09 and from my experience that extreme max damage gives me an edge against opponents with lower damaging faster 2-handed weapons, i'm a one fury killer. I've sold a rollback dupe of it awhile back too, there's only two in existence unless the other guy duped my tmaul with that last dupe.
take a look at what i use to give a full and idealistic idea of what you would need

Get a Cruel Great Poleaxe of Quickness with Shael&40/15ias or a robo great poleaxe for catching sorcs & necros. Don't use stat points in dex, save it for vitality and depend on dex from Gear.

Minimal GEAR:
1.09 20%DR 8%ll Vampire Gaze (ber)
Shaftstop(cham)
another Shaftstop(40/15max)
8%ll/15%dr String of Ears
Gore Riders
Good Life leech 6% with decent stats crafted gloves or 1.08 Hellmouths if you're a lame lazy bastard who uses dupes.
Thundergod's Belt
Some rare circlets with +dex to equipt polearms/buriza, 30%frw to chase down sorcs/necros/runaway from bvb's, and +2 druid skills
armor with lots of dex and some resists and light class to equipt polearms
take a look at what i use to give a full and idealistic idea of what you would need

Minimal Jewelery:
1.08 Highlord's Wrath if you can get it, 1.09 if you cant.
Two good 10-11%LL creafted rings (Attack rating first priority, second is life and strength, fourth is resists)
Two Raven Frosts(20dex, high AR)
Two Dwarf Stars(15mdr only)

Charms:
86%

I know you don't want to go through all that preparation & preparation isn't everything, but it is the single determinent in the outcome of 99% of all agreed pvp matches played on bnet.

-={Attribute Point Distribution}=-

If you use a cruel thundermaul of quickness: 253 strength AFTER gear/charms
If you use an ethereal "robo" thundermaul: 243 strength AFTER gear/charms
(the ethereal property subtracts 10 points from dex and strength requirements on all items)
Base Dex
Rest of the points into Vitality
Base Energy

You end up with higher levels of vitality than shield druids but what makes the druid is his charms.

-={Skill Point Distribution}=-

20 How
20 Oak Sage
20 Were Wolf
20 Lycanthropy
20 Fury
1 Rabies
1 Feral Rage
1 Poison Creeper
4 Raven
3 Spirit Wolves

You have 110 Skill points to distribute at level 99
-98 from Levels gained
-12 from Skill quests from all difficulties

This build requires 110 skill points and therefore your druid must be level 99 to complete. Ouch. I'm aware of the max level 20 bug on the summoned spirits but 1.10 is just around the corner.

-={Skill Point Distributing Order and Leveling}=-

*get rushed to hell cows all points gained during rush go to 1werewolf rest lycanthropy
*go cow
*first get 10 points into lycanthropy to stay alive
*then 20 points in HoW to help your cow runners so u can leech faster. never kill the cowking or be in proximity of someone killing the cowking. Follow a bowazon with your HoW but dont steal their drops.
*then 10 more points in lycanthropy
*Add items as you reach the level
*Calculate in those in your free time during cow runs how much strength you will actually get from items and charms, subtract that from your total strength required for your weapon and the total will be how much you would need for strength.
*1 point feral rage
*1 point rabies
*20 points in fury to do quests
*Stack enough +5str Large charms to wield your weapon(if you have +str on an item u cannot equipt at your level yet, such as crafted rings/gloves) & COMPLETE ALL YOUR SKILL/ATTRIBUTE/USEFUL QUESTS(den,cain,sewers,jade falcon,tomb,izual,shenk,anya, ancients)
*In Nightmare hire the highest level Offensive act2 Mercinary. Equipting him is not necessary, he'll die no matter what, it's a waste of time equipting him at lower levels. Once he gets high enough, strong enough, and dexterious enough equipt a shaft with CHAM on him, & your gaze or circlet and one of your "robo" poleaxes.
*+ points in werewolf as you quest
*Have a friend with decent elemental damage to help you with the Hell Ancients
*Now go cowing again
*20 points into werewolf
*4 points in raven
*3 point in spirit wolves
*1 point in poison creeper
*rest of the points into oak sage, wait a month for level 99, then go duel in hell.

Shortcuts:
U can just save time and make two characters, same distribution in skill points & stats except one is Oak only and the other is HoW only. end up at level 87(crafted ring lvl requirement).
Or ignore the approaching 1.10 and end the spirits at level 19 each(highlords = +1skills) to compensate for the max lvl 20 bug on spirits.
Or

-={1.09 PVP RULES}=-
No illegitimate items
-No ITHs(...)
-No hacked(occy rings, chaos nooses, whites, legit lookalikes"armageddon fetch", bugged strings, bugged jewels, etc, etc)
-No Hex(90/90/90's)
-No common dupes(08gaze, rare ammies, raven spirals, 3RedDot 3/20/20, 383pdsc, etc, etc)
-No uncommon dupes(ECBBOQ, grims, 08gores, 08hells, etc, etc)

No hacks(maphack, gear viewer, auto-aim, etc etc)
No Eth bug usage
No healing/mana potions or shrines
No mercenaries
No Amplify Damage Chance To Cast charges.
No slow usage by physical attackers
Hell Difficulty

Explanation:
If you can't see why the illegitimate items are ruled out, open your eyes. The game designers set specific rules to balance the game out. Breaking those rules with items that were not supposed to spawn, or not supposed to spawn anymore(they stopped spawning for a reason) is CHEATING. The reason why the zon is regarded the king of pvp is because of the maphack. Maphack is one of the causes of so many lame rules implemented by narrow minded leagues. Gear viewers, X-rays, PKTK, etc give an enormous unfair advantage to a player that is pathetic enough to capatalize on it. Eth is a known bug, any who choose to use it is a cheater. Many people don't see this -- it throws the balance that the game designers intended completely off. Are you so desperate to win that you'll throw away your ethics and delude yourself to think it's not cheating -- since, everyone else uses it? Amp, Slow, Mercs are obviously flaws the game designers over looked for PvP. You can make an exception with the healing/mana potions rule if both parties agree to it. Try a friendly game that allows potions--it's more challenging. No exceptions for the illegitimate items, they are set in stone, THOU SHALT NOT BE LAME. These rules are simple and they actually work too, unlike that total crap of a list, the Diabloii.net's so called "Common PvP rules for organized fair games and tourneys," in the PVP faq section. Everything else not ruled out in this rules list IS fair, take as long as you need to derive to an answer of why they are such. If you need further explanation of illegits, gaming ethics, how dii.net's 'suggested' rules is 85% crap, i've moved 6 paragraphs of bitching on to another .txt file and I would be irritated but willing to enlighten you upon request.

-={Final Comments}=-
Yawn. Hopefully my next 2h WW guide will not be incomplete. :)
gl hf dd

-={Thanks/Acknowledgements}=-
Tommi Gustafsson - Compiling the correct FHR tables. Go here http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/subc_compgames.html
Ruvenal - many of the statistics on her were from him at one point or another
The Dragoon - the two handed weapon FPA spread sheet

ouroboros
2003-06-23, 04:14 AM
The guide was too big so i placed it in two replies, It's all one guide.
Are mods able to go over the 400000 character limit?

Oh... the diagrams i drew for approaching the zons that look like ascii penises... they were supposed to resemble football plays... X's were the players, the center X in the d2 screen would be the Druid, ofcourse. (both life/mana orbs surrounding the d2screen are paranthesis and underscores) and d= decoy v= valkerye

the FPA & FHR tables are probably multi-spaceless aswell...
Could u do something about it?

The guide is still incomplete and i'm too burned out to complete it. If you don't want to post it, I'll understand. If you wish to complete it, be me guest, i just ask that you just do an equally comprehensive job. >:)

Would you like the original txt file?

Apoq
2003-06-23, 10:58 AM
amazing guide thanks for your contribution.

ouroboros
2003-06-24, 02:57 AM
in your signature image, what is that thing on the left?

thadeous-time
2003-06-24, 07:33 AM
plz try to stay on topic

Apoq
2003-06-24, 11:09 AM
that its alright im not even sure its a wolf or something o_O

ouroboros
2003-06-25, 06:40 PM
oh hey, don't post the guide... :)

tommi's page keeps changing, so that above table for fhr is incorrect

Zuberan
2003-07-17, 11:32 AM
A good guide should have ias bp charts and fhr charts only hard part is that is a lot of work, thanks to apoq for the best druid forum known to me on the world wide web <-- geeky name lol

xbastix
2003-10-21, 06:34 AM
thank u :P