PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Dr Pvp Sorc

firebolt_201
2002-12-02, 10:44 AM
I am lookin for guide for ultimate pvp dr sorc:

first off listen to this and plez add ideas to improve it.

i will max orb cold mastery and t strom and also litmastery of course.

i need the cold mastery in duel to lower enemies resistance so my orb will hurt the enemy even if they have absorb on. I need about 100 + fhr ( fast hit recovery) because of the zonz fast ass arros and assa mb. I am thinkin o f achievin this goal by usin cold skill chamr with fast hit recovery but so far i only got 1 there so friggin hard to get. The equipments for me are the followin bugged valor bugged string shako ss maras 2 sojs or 2 bugged wiz ring for its fast block rate. The only thing i am scared is i am scared that the wiz ring will dissapear :(. Another idea is that i wont max cold mastery but i will only put 15 points into it and the 5 point will goto gettin hydra. I am thinkin this idea because when i face an assa i can cast hydra and when they stun me i cant move but my hydra will kill them for me but the only problem with this is that they will use absorb and my friggin level 10 hydra will do so low dmg. 2nd is that assa's pet is one or the strongerst minion can b sommon in the game and i dont think a level 14 hydra can kill it.

plez send ur ideas thanx for ur time and i dont hav time to correct the grammer i am typing this at schoool time heheh in class.

`Insolence`
2002-12-04, 06:18 AM
that sorc is useless, i can tell from the third sentence. WTF do u think any meele / range character will think once they see you enter game? Oops, better put on tgods, luna, ravens, and guardian angel. Sorcs = owned in pvp these days. As for hydra, its a very good way to go. Max TS > Max LM > Max HYDRA > Max FM.

Ohh and anyone who uses bugged / iths in duels is gay.. good luck with that.

MiNi_MaX
2002-12-04, 09:11 AM
Yeah Hydra Sorc are very funny PvP Char
I got 1 and very simple to do
Shako
ViperMagi or Shaft
TGot
Luna or Lidless or Whistan's Guard or Ss
Raven
Soj
MageFist
Aldur Boot...
Occy

Pump Dex to get Max Block
Pump Vita
100 point into mana
Classic Sorc build.. but that's all u need

MaX MF/Hydra and/or TS/LM and/or Orb/Blizzard/CM
some points into Static
FireBall is fun too

Get 3-4 rows of 5%rw fill out the rest with life/prysmatic charm or fire skill.. dont teleport just walk with your hydra make some strategy very funny PvP char... Play agressive

firebolt_201
2002-12-04, 09:42 AM
people c hydra hey will use absorb and stuff bugged items b4 1.09 i saw its legit as they hav some how spans into this game.2nd everytime i c a hydra sorc they are wussys (*townhhuggers) no offence

`Insolence`
2002-12-04, 02:07 PM
.. ive made a hydra sorc that only lost to 3 people.. out of around 560..

Mantralord
2002-12-04, 08:17 PM
Yep hydra sorcs are fun...*whips out his Hellmouths...*

Dmaster
2002-12-08, 03:35 PM
Hydra sorces are useless especially if you put only 5 pts into it. Most melee/missle chars can out run the hydras fireballs, and sorces teleport around them. I can honestly say I've never seen a good hydra sorce. Especially since most of em put 5 hydras around town and expect you to run through them. You want a good sorce? Make a TS/orb sorce. Orb kills people using absorb and ts kills zons in 1-3 hits MOST OF THE TIME.

The_King
2002-12-08, 05:23 PM
Personally I have never seen a hydra sorc that could do much dmg I would stand in the middle of all five and mock them...
But who knows

MiNi_MaX
2002-12-08, 05:35 PM
5 pts in Hydra !? Huh Wtf...
Good hydra sorc got 30+ pts in Hydra and FM.
And Good HydraSorc got Orb or TS. Actually i got lvl 35 Hydra and FM. Maxed TS and lvl 21 LM. The only things that miss to my build is a SS and 2 Um runes and even without that she owns 75% of the ppl she duel in Pub Duel game

tidus2005
2002-12-09, 08:43 AM
hydra sorces are gay if they town gaurd i have only been killed by one hydra sorc who does not tg

Apoq
2002-12-11, 03:59 PM
with my zon versus public career
ive only met 2 legit hydra sorcs who beat me
and neither of them could beat me consitently
one was using 09 valor ss/string/shako setup had around 1.7k hp and 36ish he had good fhr so i couldnt pin him but eventually i found out his patterns of teleporting and got him about 7:2
and the other sorc had like lvl 3 orb (very low...)
maxed dr
the only reason she beat me was because i didnt know she had orb and i took off my cannot be frozen and i was brutalized therefore after
but all sorcs have equal chance of winning but most people who make hydra sorcs are lazy and think "hehe im sure to win the idiot will come into my hydra while i go eat popcorn..."
but the best are agressive and because hydra doesnt move towards enemy or travel fast it takes more skill to become effective with one who chases and hunts you down and can take a few hits

MelchiaMH
2002-12-13, 03:36 PM
I think hydra sorcs can be excellent duelers. You just have to learn placement and be constantly offensive. Because Hydras do not suffer from the PvP penalty, they can potentially do much more damage than orb. One hydra sorc that I was playing (one of the few that beat me) actually used telekenisis to stun me and make the hydras hit me...It hurt...

pixism
2003-01-19, 02:25 PM
my hydra sorc has lvl 48 hydra/fm and i can honestly say that people underestimate hydra sorcs 90% of the time

when they get owned there are always teh same phrases
"i wasnt ready!"
"you wear bugged stuff your gay (this coming from a zon who uses ith bow)"
"you use rejuvs and pots"

one of those or sometimes even all

`Insolence`
2003-01-19, 05:17 PM
If u do use buggeds in duel your still gay, dont stoop to their level.

a hydra sorc with lots of fhr, a method of stunning (fb seems to work well) will own most of the people it comes in contact with.

Apoq
2003-01-20, 06:58 AM
a small guide i made not too long ago :

for a fire sorc i reccomend having ts as a secondary skill
skills will be approx:
5 warmth
20 lightmastery 20 thunderstorm
20 hydra 20 fire mastery
1 to all requisites
thats 100 skills thats
attainable (with quests)
at level 89 i'd be maxing lightmastery/thunderstorm as your last skills

depends if you want to be dr..
i'll suppose you do
i reccomend using
wizspike (with um, or ko rune, or 15 all jewel with 9 str/dex)
shaftstop (with shael)
stormshield (15 all resist, -15% requirement)
shako (with shael)
thundergods vigor (or trangs depending on preferences)
ravenfrost ring
stone of jordan
+65 hp waterwalks (5%+max fire resist helps sorc v sorc btw)
+3 fire skills /100 hp amulet

lidwall/oculus for casting ts (socket doesn't matter)

10X fire skill charms of _____ (life/sustenance/balance/vita/dex/str)

10Xlit skill charm no suffix for casting ts/energy shield

10X resist (depending on which jewels you use in gear)
small charm of vita
the best would be
serpents small charms of vita (with 10, thats 170 mana 200 hp)

ShaolinSoldier
2003-01-20, 07:49 AM
My hydra sorc build owns, I'm sure Apoq can agree with me :D

FurociousMother is slain by BurnYoAss-MoFo :killgrin:

Here's my build:

20 Hydra
20 FM
20 TS
20 LM
1 in prereqs
Rest in Fire Ball :eek:

Shako (UM)
Occy (+15 resists jewel)
Skin of the Vipermagi (UM)
Lidless Wall (P Diamond)
Magefist
Caster Belt (24% fhr, +45 Life)
+65 Life Waterwalks
+28 Mara's
2x Soj's
10x Fire Skill Charms
9x Life charms
1x fhr charm (To hit the next breakpoint)

This build owns and so does Hydra. I own most everyone in public dueling games, even after they make the excuse that they weren't expecting a hydra sorc.

frozenstein
2003-01-30, 09:07 PM
WTF do u think any meele / range character will think once they see you enter game? Oops, better put on tgods, luna, ravens, and guardian angel. Sorcs = owned in pvp these days. As for hydra, its a very good way to go. Max TS > Max LM > Max HYDRA > Max FM.

LOL!!! Yeah, you make a lot of sense there. You don't think ppl can put on 2x dwarfstars, rising sun, and hellmouths just as easily as they can put on cold absorb? At least a cold sorc has the advantage of pierce. Dumb ass....

frozenstein
2003-01-30, 09:18 PM
Caster Belt (24% fhr, +45 Life)
1x fhr charm (To hit the next breakpoint)

You need to check up on your knowledge. You DO NOT hit the next breakpoint.

You have 24% + 4% (yes, even though your charm says 5%) = 28% <----- 11% short of 6 frames

Sorceress FHR Breakpoints:

Frame Hit Recovery
8 0%
7 15%
6 39%
5 86%

dirkdig
2003-01-30, 10:15 PM
I don't think hydra's fire damage can be absorbed, at least it didn't seem to when I tested it a few days ago. 2 dwarf stars 81 resist guardian angel rising sun and hellmouth.
4500 life, I was dead within 7 seconds.

frozenstein
2003-01-30, 10:18 PM
I don't think hydra's fire damage can be absorbed, at least it didn't seem to when I tested it a few days ago. 2 dwarf stars 81 resist guardian angel rising sun and hellmouth.
4500 life, I was dead within 7 seconds.

Yes, hydra's fire damage is just like any other fire damage. I'm surprised you died so quickly though. Did you die previously in the game? Due the Anya quest bug, you lose 30 res (although you won't see it in the character screen) once you die in a game.

dirkdig
2003-01-31, 05:39 AM
I know what anya bug is, and no I hadn't died yet.
I have heard that hydra doesn't count as damage from the sorceress (maybe as a merc, like traps?) and so it only undergoes 1/2 pvp penalty.

Apoq
2003-01-31, 01:03 PM
i think your'e right it use to count as another summon like bear or shadow master but it had a time limit